Hot Weather Tips
If you are looking for access to water and bathrooms in a cool environment, residents are encouraged to use malls and restaurants as havens from the heat.
Some additional safety tips to follow include:
- Never leave a child or pet in an unattended car.
- Stay hydrated.
- Provide your pet with plenty of water and proper shelter.
- Limit outdoor activity when the temperatures and humidity are extremely high.
- Use sunscreen and reapply often when spending time outdoors.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing, a hat and sunglasses when outdoors.
- Remember to check in on elderly or vulnerable family members, friends and neighbors.
Baltimore County Public Libraries
Branches are now open to the public.
- Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All locations are closed on Sundays
Baltimore County Senior Centers
Baltimore County Senior Centers are open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 410-887-2040 to check locations before you visit. Visitors will be asked to register at the center.