Hot Weather Tips
If you are looking for access to water and bathrooms in a cool environment, residents are encouraged to use public places as havens from the heat, such as:
- Community centers
- Senior center
Some additional safety tips to follow include:
- Never leave a child or pet in an unattended car.
- Stay hydrated.
- Provide your pet with plenty of water and proper shelter.
- Limit outdoor activity when the temperatures and humidity are extremely high.
- When outdoors, use sunscreen and reapply often, and wear loose-fitting clothing, a hat and sunglasses.
- Remember to check in on elderly or vulnerable family members, friends and neighbors.
Baltimore County Public Libraries
Baltimore County Public Library branches are open to the public. Be sure to check for changes to operation hours due to holidays and closings. Summer hours are as follows:
- Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday through Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All locations are closed on Sundays
Baltimore County Senior Centers
Baltimore County Senior Centers are open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 410-887-2040 to check locations before you visit. Visitors will be asked to register at the center.
Recreation Activity Centers
Baltimore County's Recreation Activity Centers are free to the public and offer recreation programming such as nature, art, youth development, health and wellness, multicultural activities and more. Call 410-887-3871 to check locations before you visit. An adult must accompany children under the age of six.
- Open on weekdays, Monday through Friday from 3 to 9 p.m. Based on community needs, hours and days of operations may expand by location in future phases of operations.
- Hours of operation for after school programming are 3 to 6 p.m.