Most Popular Services
2024 Ballot Drop Box Sites and Polling Places
- View the approved 2024 ballot drop box site list and its board action notice.
- View the approved 2024 polling place list and its board action notice.
Board Meetings and Members
The Board of Elections meets regularly to discuss matters pertaining to polling places, voting, canvassing and other election topics. Find information about the Board of Elections meetings and members.
Upcoming Election Events
- Board of Elections Meeting
- Wednesday December 13, 2023 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Virtual WebEx Meeting
About the Election Cycles
An election occurs every two years and different offices are run in each election cycle. The Gubernatorial and Presidential Election cycles alternate to each occur every four years.
Gubernatorial Election years are 2026, 2030, 2034 etc.
In Gubernatorial Election years, Baltimore County voters will elect the following:
- Lieutenant Governor
- Attorney General
- U.S. Representative (every two years)
- State Senators
- State Delegates
- County Executive
- County Council
- Judges of the Circuit Court (if vacancy exists)
- State's Attorney
- Clerk of Circuit Court
- Register of Wills
- Three Judges of the Orphans' Court
- Central Committee Members
- School Board
Presidential Election years are 2024, 2028, 2032 etc.
In Presidential Election years, Baltimore County voters will elect the following:
- U.S. President and Vice President
- U.S. Senators—After six-year term
- U.S. Representative—Every two years
- Delegates to the National Convention
Notary Public Application
The notary public application requires your legislative and election district information, as well as the name of your state senator. This information is based on your address. Find your district information.
This is all the information that the Board of Elections can assist you with on your notary application. For additional information, contact the Secretary of State’s office, Notary Division at 410-974-5521 or 888-874-0013. Fax 410-974-5190.
Senatorial and Delegate Scholarship Information
The first step in applying for a Senatorial or Delegate Scholarship is to find the state senator and delegates who represent you. This is based on your permanent residential address. Find your district and your representatives. Use the contact information provided for each representative to request your application.
Learn more about the following topics from the Maryland State Board of Elections: