The Baltimore County Department of Corrections is looking for individuals who are dedicated to a career in criminal justice to work in our new state-of-the-art correctional facility. Our new facility incorporates the latest in correctional techniques, strategies, and programs, while utilizing new, high-tech computerized equipment to maximize the security of our environment.
Become a Corrections Officer
You must meet the following requirements to apply for the Correctional Officer position:
- Have a high school diploma or an appropriate equivalent
- Be at least 18 years old by the time you are hired
- Be a citizen or resident alien of the United States the day you submit your application
To become a Correctional Officer, you must successfully complete the following:
If there are current Correctional Officer vacancies, submit an online application for the Correctional Officer position. The County only accepts online applications. If you submit an application and you do not meet the minimum job qualifications, the County will notify you by phone, email or letter, depending on what you listed as your preference on your application.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, the County will notify you that your application has been forwarded to the Department of Corrections. Once your application is received by Corrections, you'll receive an email from the Corrections Applicant Unit containing a registration link for Applicant Orientation. Once registered, you will attend an online orientation via Webex.
After you attend Applicant Orientation, you'll receive an email from the Corrections Applicant Unit containing the Pre-Employment Questionnaire packet. This packet includes an instruction page, a personal data form, an employment section questionnaire, willingness questionnaire and a release of information form.
The Corrections Applicant Unit will conduct a full background investigation on you, which includes but is not limited to:
- Criminal background check
- Psychological examination
- Drug test
You will need to complete a Personal History Statement (PDF) and submit it along with the required documents by the due date provided in the Phase II email.
Medical and Physical Examination
You will undergo a full physiological examination; as well as a medical examination by a certified physician designated by the department that will include a vision, hearing and drug screening.
For further information about this position or inquiries about other available job openings in the Department of Corrections, contact the Applicant Unit at email@example.com. You may also text inquiries to 215-999-BCDC (2232).
- Review the Correctional Officer job description for more information about the position's salary, duties and qualifications.
- Find current openings for the position.
- Receive an email notification about the next open application period by submitting a Job Interest Card. Select Corrections from the Categories list and select the Subscribe button. For one year, you will receive notifications whenever the Department of Corrections is accepting applications.