It is the requestors responsibility to provide the following information in their request:
- Case name and number
- Specific requested dates
- Judicial officers name
To find the above information, use the online Maryland case search tool to search for “open court proceeding.” Access to any protected cases (sealed, shielded or involving minors) requires the requestor to petition the court for access. The court will either grant or deny the request, delaying the process.
Request a Written Court Transcript
Types of requests include:
- Maryland Rule 8-411(a): Appeals—The appellant must order the transcript within 10 days after filing the Notice of Appeal. Failure to order in a timely manner and file the transcripts may result in the dismissal of the appeal. Review Maryland Rules 8-411 and 8-207 (a)(3).
- Maryland Rule 2-541: Magistrates Exceptions—Within 10 days after the filing of the magistrate's written report. The court may dismiss the exceptions of a party who has not complied with this section.
- View the Guide to Self-Representation from the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
Learn more about the request process below:
Complete the request form and a court-appointed transcriber (an independent contractor approved by this court) will be assigned your request.
The assigned transcriber will contact you via email or phone to discuss required deposit, turnaround time and delivery. Turnaround time is typically 30 days.
Payment is made directly to the transcriber. Costs are based on the number of pages, complexity and requested turnaround time (for example, 60 minutes of spoken testimony is approximately 50 written pages.) The actual number of pages varies widely from case to case and is affected by many factors.
As set forth by the Maryland Judiciary's Court Reporting Manual (September 2021), transcript and additional charges are as follows:
- Transcript original: $3 per page
- First additional copy: $0.50 per page
- Second additional copy: $0.25 per page
There are additional charges for:
- Complex medical and technical transcripts
- Expedited-rush delivery
- Solid text
Request an Audio CD or File
Hearings held before July 2011 may not be available by audio CD. CDs are provided for verification of testimony only and are not certified for court use.
Payment and Cost
- Credit card payments for audio only. Register now.
- Checks and money orders must be made payable to Baltimore County, Maryland, not the Clerk of the Court.
|Emailed Audio File Link (compatible with Windows, Apple and Android)||$25|
|Audio CD (hold about one day of spoken testimony)||$25|
|Each additional CD (at the time of ordering)||$5|
|CD Mailing Fee||$5|
Instructions for Use
Legal Disclaimer: Maryland Rule 16-504 provides in part that upon written request and the payment of reasonable costs, the authorized custodian of an official recording shall make a copy of the audio-video recording available to a party to a proceeding or an attorney representing a party in the case. Unless authorized by an order of court, a person who receives a copy of an electronic recording shall not make or cause to be made any additional copy of the recording, give or electronically transmit the recording to any person not entitled to it under subsection (J) (1) of this rule. Maryland Criminal Procedure Article 1-201 provides that a person may not broadcast any proceeding in a criminal matter.
For Windows 7 (and later) PC only. The program needed to play the CD or DVD is included on the disc.
- Place Disc in the PC disc drive.
- Open File Explorer.
- Select CD/DVD drive.
- Open Transcription Package.
- Open Bin.
- Select Cplayer.
- Select each session and play session.
- Select Downloaded Attachments.
- In the dialog box:
- Enter email address (example: John.Doe@lawyer.com)
- Enter first and last name.
- Select Continue.
- Select the file to listen.
- Select Download.
- Select Save.
- Select Open to listen.
Complete and submit the form below to request a written transcript or audio CD/file. If your request is expedited, call 410-887-4873 to confirm receipt.