Marriage and divorce records are available from the Clerk of the Court for Baltimore County via the options listed in the table below, or via mail to:
P.O. Box 6754
Towson, Maryland 21285-6754
Cost and Contact Information
Payment is accepted via cash, check or money order (made payable to Clerk of the Court) VISA, MasterCard or Discover credit card. No debit cards are accepted.
|Documentation or Service||Fee||Contact Information|
|Marriage Licenses||$35 time of issue||Phone: 410-887-2607 |
|Civil Marriage Ceremonies||$25 at check in||Phone: 410-887-2607 |
Verification: No fee
The license is valid for ceremonies taking place within Baltimore County after a 48-hour waiting period but will expire after six months.
Only one person needs to apply for the license. Bring the following information for both applicants:
- Social Security number
- Place of birth
- Marital status
- $35 payment
- If under the age of 18—Identification is required at 18 is the legal age one can be married without parental consent.
- If divorced or widowed—Provide the exact date and name of the county and state in which the divorce or death occurred for both applicants. This applies for all divorces and deaths.
Civil Marriage Ceremonies are:
- By appointment only with limited attendance allowed.
- Performed Monday through Friday from 9 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 3 p.m.
- Scheduled for outdoors only
If the ceremony is occurring at the courthouse, once all guests have arrived, one member of the marrying couple shall report to the second floor Licensing Department to check in and make payment of $25.
To request a marriage certificate by mail or email, please include:
- Full maiden name (first, middle and last) of the persons married
- Full name (first, middle and last) of the persons married
- Date of marriage (month, day and year)
- $5.50 fee
- Applicant’s mailing address
To request a divorce decree or annulment of marriage by mail or email, please include:
- Case number, if available or
- Full name (first, middle, last) of both parties
- Whether you want divorce decree or annulment of marriage
- Check or money order for $.50 per page made out to Clerk of the Court (cash, check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover credit card are accepted).
- Additional $5 if requesting a certified copy
- Applicant's mailing address
Verification of divorce or annulment is also available from the Maryland Vital Statistics Administration from January 1, 1992 to the present for $12. The division can verify the names of the persons divorced, the type of divorce action, the county in which the divorce took place and the date of the decree. It cannot provide the official divorce decree or annulment of marriage. Verification of divorce is accepted by certain agencies seeking proof of divorce or annulment.