“Our diversity is our strength in Baltimore County. We will continue to strive for more inclusionary practices and policies so that every resident enjoys a high quality of life,” said County Executive Johnny Olszewski. Learn more about opportunities for businesses in the private sector.
- Purchasing Division—Purchases include but are not limited to goods, promotional items, janitorial services, facility maintenance, construction, other professional services, telecommunication, information technology and related services, equipment, health and human services.
- Request weekly solicitation notification when the Purchasing Division issues new solicitations. You will receive a list of all solicitations as there is no efficient way for us to customize the email specifically to what you sell. If you are not interested in any of the new solicitations, no action is required on your part. There is no need to send back an email saying "no bid" or that you do not provide this product or service.
- Bid Results
- Contracts Due to Expire
- Current Solicitations
- Procurement Overview for Vendors
- Construction Contracts Administration (Public Works and Transportation)—Contracts for services in the areas of sanitary sewers, water mains, roads, bridges and storm drains, public buildings and pumping stations.
- Construction Contracts Invitation to Bid—Request Email Notification
- Learn more about the prequalification application and requirements.
- Material suppliers that wish to be participate in procurement for the Construction Contracts Administration must be approved as a Source of Supply.
- Professional Services Selection (Public Works and Transportation)—Selection of consultants for architecture, landscape architecture and engineering services.
- Subscribe to Professional Service notification (Architect and Engineers)
- Projects to Be Assigned
- Department of Public Works and Transportation Professional Services, Architects, Landscape Architects and Engineers who wish to be considered for work with Baltimore County should review the prequalification information.
- Department of Economic and Workforce Development
- Department of Planning
- Maryland Procurement Technical Assistance Center: Bidding Assistance
- Maryland Small Business Development Financing Authority (MSBDFA): Surety Bonding Program
- Ready Business: Preparedness Planning
- Department of Planning Grants Administration
- Mid-Atlantic Purchasing Team Cooperative Purchases—The Mid-Atlantic Purchasing Team (MAPT) uses a lead agency format for their solicitations that non-exclusively encompasses public and nonprofit entities from the Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC regions. Learn more from the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments.
- Baltimore County Public Schools
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Baltimore County Public Library
- State of Maryland
To assist vendors with Baltimore County contract compliance reporting as it relates to Minority and Women's Business Enterprise, Prompt Payment, Prevailing Wage and Local Hire (Workforce) please review the respective training videos for guidance.
For Vendor Registration and Contract Compliance help contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to register as a Vendor
- Contract Compliance—Prompt Payment Policy: How to Add Payments and Invoices as a Prime and Sub Contractors
For Prevailing Wage and Local Hire help contact email@example.com.
Vendors conducting business with Baltimore County may need to be registered with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). For information on whether registration is required, call SDAT at 410-767-1340. Baltimore County verifies the company's status with SDAT and may require the successful bidder to submit a Good Standing Certificate, also known as a "Certificate of Status," issued by the SDAT's Charter Division and State of Organization.
Baltimore County commissioned Mason Tillman Associates, Ltd. to conduct a Disparity Study. The final report assesses the County’s use of minority and women-owned business enterprises on contracts issued for construction, architecture and engineering, professional services, and goods and services.
The Office of Budget and Finance, Purchasing Division regularly schedules procurement outreach events to provide an opportunity for vendors to:
- Gain an understanding of the purchasing process
- Meet the County buyers and ask questions
- Learn about bid opportunities with the County
- Review a list of current contracts
- Network with other vendors
- Participate in other business workshops, seminars and conferences
Outreach attendance is not required in order to participate in the Baltimore County procurement process.
The MBE office holds and promotes a series of informational workshops and seminars held by the County and other jurisdictions to assist small and minority owned businesses. Visit our calendar of events for an up-to-date schedule.
View the MDOT MBE/DBE/ACDBE/SBE Certification Application Assistance workshop schedule.
The office is located at 400 Washington Avenue in Towson, Maryland 21204.