Most Popular Services
The Office of the County Auditor operates as part of the Legislative branch of County Government pursuant to the Baltimore County Charter, Section 311.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze the fiscal impact of legislation (e.g., bills, fiscal matters, resolutions) to be enacted by the County Council.
- Conduct financial audits as directed by the County Council of organizations funded in whole or in part by County funds.
- Assist the external auditor in conducting a financial audit of the County's general purpose financial statements as required by §312 of the Charter.
- Prepare reports on internal accounting control, administrative and operating practices and procedures and other pertinent financial and compliance matters.
- Conduct operational and performance audits as authorized by the County Council.
- Assist the County Council in its annual evaluation of the County Executive's proposed budget.
- Conduct special projects and investigations at the request of the County Council.
- Report on the County's economic indicators and revenue projections.
Contact Information to Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse
Find contact information for concerns related to the following matters.
|Office of the Inspector General||Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse|
|Baltimore County Public Schools |
|Fraud, Waste or Abuse Hotline|
|Assistance Programs ||Department of Human Services|
|Recreation Councils||State’s Attorney|
|State Income Taxes||Comptroller of Maryland|
|Federal Income Taxes||Internal Revenue Service|
For other County matters involving inadequate internal control practices and procedures, including those pertaining to the reliability of financial records, effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and the safeguarding of assets, or noncompliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, contract terms, and policies and procedures, contact the Office of the County Auditor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 410-887-3193.