View the COVID-19 protocols for visiting our senior centers.
The regional Parkville Senior Center is a member of the Parkville Business and Professional Association. Participation in center activities is open to all seniors on a space available basis. Membership is open to Baltimore County residents age 60 and over and their spouses of any age.
Programs and Activities
"Everything under the sun" is not just a slogan at the Parkville Senior Center. View a list of programs, activities and upcoming events in the most recent edition of their monthly newsletter.
- State-of-the-art fitness center and fitness classes
- Art—Painting, drawing, ceramics and crafts
- Eating Together Program—Lunch is served daily at noon. Meals are catered and must be reserved in advance. A donation is requested from participants to help with the cost of the meal.
- Education—Art history, nature studies, psychology of aging, cultures of Native Americans, computer classes and presentations on a wide variety of subjects
- Leisure—Aviation historians, model railroading, cards, billiards, Bridge and Bingo
- Special events—Breakfasts, teas, dances, picnics, flea markets, entertainment and our two Red Hat groups
- Travel opportunities
If there is something you would like to see offered, let us know.
Community Outreach Specialist
Center Connection Membership
The Center Connection Program is designed for individuals 60 years or older who need supportive services to participate in senior center programs, but do not need physical assistance or close supervision. Members include adults who:
- Have a condition that limits some activities
- Are independent in caring for their basic, physical needs, but lack opportunities to participate in enjoyable activities
- Would like to meet people and participate in a senior center, but need special support and encouragement
Contact the Center Connection Specialist
The Center Connection Specialist is available to help individuals who require assistance adjusting to the center, as well as assistance to:
- Meet new people
- Choose activities and register for classes
- Connect with community services, like CountyRide, and programs, like the Eating Together Nutrition program
Make an Appointment
Call 410-887-5338 for more information.
Explore the below upcoming events, fitness opportunities, activities and programs available at Parkville Senior Center, or browse the calendar for more dates beyond what is listed below.
- Bone Density Screening
- Wednesday May 25 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Tuesday May 31 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Hummelstown, Pennsylvania: June 13
- Monday June 13 All Day
- S.H.I.P. Talks: Medicare Basics
- Monday July 18 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Habitats of the Gulf and Caribbean
- Tuesday July 26 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Hearing Screenings
- Thursday July 28 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Changes in Medicare 2022
- Monday August 22 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- S.H.I.P. Talks: Healthcare Fraud and Abuse
- Monday September 19 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- How to do Part D Medicare Research
- Friday September 23 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania: December 1
- Thursday December 01 All Day
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania: December 1-2
- Thursday December 01 All Day - Friday December 02 All Day
- Bernville, Pennsylvania: December 17
- Saturday December 17 All Day