View the COVID-19 protocols for visiting our senior centers.
Bykota is not only the acronym that represents "be ye kind one to another," but also the spirit that embodies the Bykota membership.
Membership to Bykota is free, but an annual donation is encouraged. Donors who give $15 or more will receive a free subscription to the Baltimore County Department of Aging's "Time of Your Life Digest" publication.
Programs and Activities
Visit any program free of charge for the first class. View a list of programs, activities and upcoming events in the most recent edition of the "Bykota Buzz," the Bykota Senior Center's monthly newsletter.
- A state-of-the-art fitness center and fitness classes, including a 10-week ballroom dancing class or line dancing class
- Arts classes
- Bingo every Wednesday
- Daily activities, including daily lunch
- Language classes
- Monthly lecture series provided by medical professionals—Learn about advances in medical technology and health promotion topics
- Seminars from AARP, local business owners, etc.
- Special events throughout the year, including:
- Classical recitals
- Happy hours
- Holiday celebrations
- Intergenerational programs
- Musical entertainment
- Noted speakers
- Outdoor concerts
- Theater groups
- Travel opportunities
Center Connection Membership
The Center Connection Program is designed for individuals 60 years or older who need supportive services to participate in senior center programs, but do not need physical assistance or close supervision. Members include adults who:
- Have a condition that limits some activities
- Are independent in caring for their basic, physical needs, but lack opportunities to participate in enjoyable activities
- Would like to meet people and participate in a senior center, but need special support and encouragement
Contact the Center Connection Specialist
The Center Connection Specialist is available to help individuals who require assistance adjusting to the center, as well as assistance to:
- Meet new people
- Choose activities and register for classes
- Connect with community services, like CountyRide, and programs, like the Eating Together Nutrition program
Make an Appointment
Center Connection Specialist Daemir Dove is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. or by calling 410-887-3094.
Explore the below upcoming events, fitness opportunities, activities and programs available at Bykota Senior Center, or browse the calendar for more dates beyond what is listed below.
- History Club
- Tuesday August 23 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- First Tuesday Dance
- Tuesday September 06 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- How to do Part D Medicare Research
- Wednesday September 07 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Ultimate Ways to Declutter
- Thursday September 08 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Tuesday, September 13 - Thursday, September 15
- Tuesday September 13 All Day - Thursday September 15 All Day
- Lancaster, Pennsylvania: Thursday, October 13
- Thursday October 13 All Day
- Ronk, Pennsylvania: Tuesday, November 15
- Tuesday November 15 All Day
- Stroke Awareness and Blood Pressure Screening
- Wednesday December 07 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Community Outreach Specialist
Appointments are recommended.
Home Team Specialist