June 15, 2021 Baltimore County
Baltimore County Executive Johnny Olszewski today announced a one-time grant opportunity to support County-based non-profit organizations hosting Independence Day events throughout Baltimore County.
Administered by the Department of Economic and Workforce Development (DEWD), awards of up to $3,000 will be provided to support activities including parades, festivals, and/or fireworks, within Baltimore County. Eligible applicants must have filed a special event permit with Baltimore County.
Funding is limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
"This Independence Day holiday represents a welcome return to beloved traditions like parades and gatherings that were put on pause last year as we battled COVID-19,” Olszewski said. “As these activities resume safely, we recognize the hard work and dedication that goes into planning and executing events that benefit our communities, and we’re proud to make this funding opportunity to support those efforts.”
Eligible applicants must be a Baltimore County-based 501(c) not-for-profit organization, including business associations and chambers of commerce, that:
- Serve communities located in Baltimore County;
- Are registered and in good standing with the State of Maryland, if required to do so by law;
- Are not currently in default on any loans, o r out of compliance with any grants from Baltimore County, or delinquent on any taxes owed to Baltimore County;
- Have filed a special events or applicable permit with Permits, Inspections, Applications and/or the Office of the Fire Marshal
- Submit a complete and acceptable application and proposal by Friday, June 25 to email@example.com
Eligible organizations will only be able to apply for one grant award totaling $3,000.
Full details on how to apply can be found here or at baltimorecountymd.gov/independencedaygrant.