Paper Permit Applications No Longer Accepted
As of Monday, November 1, all applications for building, plumbing, electrical and other construction permits must be completed online. To help with the transition, first come, first serve public work stations will be placed in the lobby with available staff to help customers create their online accounts and applications.
For details on account creation, relevant permit types and document needs, visit the online permit application section.
Established as a part of the County government in 1976, the Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC) is responsible for:
- Approving the inclusion of historic properties, along with their Historic Environmental Settings (HES), on the preliminary landmarks list
- Conducting public hearings to determine which of these structures may qualify to be included on the preliminary landmarks list
- Approving exterior alterations affecting any structures on the preliminary or final landmarks list
- Approving the formation of, and all developments (including exterior alterations) within, County historic districts
The Commission operates under the authority, standards, and requirements of Title 7 of Article 32 in Baltimore County law, and uses for guidance in its decision-making, the rules of procedure, historic guidelines and regulations and resolutions.
- Rules of Procedure
- Historic Guidelines and Regulations
- Resolution for Recognition and Protection of Sites Related to Slavery
- Resolution Adopting Procedures for Delineating Historic Environmental Settings
- Resolution Endorsing Protection of the North Point Battlefield
- Resolution Establishing Procedures and Principles on Requests for Postponement of Items
- Resolution Establishing Procedures for the Receipt and Scheduling of Landmark List Nominations
- Resolution Adopting Procedures for Implementing Approval of County Tax Credit Applications
The LPC has further agreed to operate by procedures as follows:
The LPC usually meets at 6 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month, excluding August and December.
Applications for projects located in County historic districts, or for structures on the preliminary or final Landmarks List, must be submitted with all required materials at least two weeks before the meeting.
Subscribe to receive email notifications when the latest meeting documents have been posted.
Inclement Weather Policy
No meetings will be held when County offices are closed for the day, meetings will proceed as scheduled if County offices are under liberal leave status. For questions, call 410-887-3495.
To view upcoming meeting details and documents, select from the list below.