The Solid Waste and Recycling Survey has closed and results were shared at the Solid Waste Work Group meeting on February 18. For more information about waste management in Baltimore County, visit Solid Waste Management.
The Baltimore County Solid Waste Work Group will examine the County’s current solid waste collection and disposal policies and practices, and will make recommendations for improving operations and reducing the amount of trash being produced in Baltimore County.
The Work Group is charged with completing its work and submitting a report to the County Executive by March of 2021.
Key Policies and Plans
The following documents are PDFs that will open in a new window:
- Zero Waste Maryland Plan
- Maryland Executive Order 01.01.2017.13: Waste Reduction and Resource Recovery Plan for Maryland (June 2017)
- Baltimore County Enterprise Strategic Plan 2019 to 2022
- Baltimore County Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan 2019 to 2028
The first meeting of the Baltimore County Solid Waste Work Group was held on November 19, 2020. In addition to holding meetings that will be open to the public, the Work Group will conduct a survey of residents to gather public input that will inform their recommendations.
To view upcoming meeting details and documents, select from the list below or view the full 2021 calendar for past meeting details.
- Solid Waste Work Group Meeting
- Thursday March 04 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Please note: The public comment registration period will end Tuesday, March 2 at 12 p.m.
The Work Group’s membership includes County leadership, community members and industry representatives:
- Stacy L. Rodgers, County Administrative Officer (Chair)
- D’Andrea Walker, Acting Director, Department of Public Works (DPW)
- Mike Beichler, DPW Solid Waste Bureau Chief
- James Benjamin, County Attorney
- Steve Lafferty, Chief Sustainability Officer
- Seth Blumen, Energy and Sustainability Program Coordinator
- Matthew Carpenter, Office of Budget and Finance
- Israel “Izzy” Patoka, County Councilman, District 2
- Ed Adams, Vice President, JMT; Former Director of DPW
- Lois Jacobs, Chair, Baltimore County Advisory Commission on Environmental Quality
- Sara Bixby, Deputy Executive Director, Solid Waste Association of North America
- Chaz Miller, Board Member, Maryland Recycling Network
- Shane Robinson, Executive Director, Trash Free Maryland
- Willie Goode, President/CEO, Goode Companies, Inc.
- Michelle Grace, Owner, Shelz Sanitation
- Robert Singleton, General Partner, Cockeys Enterprises, Inc.
- Cara Hill, Citizen Representative
- Eric Addison, Citizen Representative