The Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Community Advisory Council advocates for, engages in and responds to issues, concerns and needs of County residents as it relates to diversity, inclusion and equity. The Community Council’s responsibilities include:
- Providing advisement to, and working collaboratively with, the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer on specific community diversity, inclusion and equity issues, to include:
- Community education and awareness
- Equitable access to government opportunities, resources and services
- Public policy analysis and impacts
- Public accommodations
- Other relevant topics
- Assisting in the planning of community initiatives and events designed to foster a culture that acknowledges, advances and celebrates diversity, inclusion and equity countywide
The Community Council meets at the request of the Chair as frequently as required to perform its duties, but not less than quarterly.
The meeting documents are PDFs that open in a new window.
For questions or more information about the Community Council, email DEIcommunitycouncil@baltimorecountymd.gov.