The Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Community Advisory Council advocates for, engages in and responds to issues, concerns and needs of County residents as it relates to diversity, inclusion and equity. The Community Council’s responsibilities include:
- Providing advisement to, and working collaboratively with, the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer on specific community diversity, inclusion and equity issues, to include:
- Community education and awareness
- Equitable access to government opportunities, resources and services
- Public policy analysis and impacts
- Public accommodations
- Other relevant topics
- Assisting in the planning of community initiatives and events designed to foster a culture that acknowledges, advances and celebrates diversity, inclusion and equity countywide
The Community Council consists of at least seven and not more than 14 voting members. Each County Council member appoints one representative from their respective districts. The County Executive can appoint up to seven additional members, serving at-large. The Chair of the Community Council is elected to a one-year term by the voting membership. The Chair has one vote, equal to that of each voting member of the Community Council. The Community Council seeks to maintain diversity of:
- Sexual orientation and identity
- National origin
- Physical and mental ability
- Other relevant classifications
The Community Council meets at the request of the Chair as frequently as required to perform its duties, but not less than quarterly.
To view upcoming meeting details, select from the list below or view the full 2021 calendar for past meeting details.
- Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Community Council Meeting
- Thursday January 28 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Virtual WebEx Meeting
The meeting documents are PDFs that open in a new window.
|July 16, 6 p.m.||Virtual Meeting|
|September 3, 6 p.m.||Virtual Meeting|
|October 1, 6 p.m.||Virtual Meeting|
|November 12, 6 p.m.||Virtual Meeting|
|December 17, 6 p.m.||Virtual Meeting|
For questions or more information about the Community Council, email DEIcommunitycouncil@baltimorecountymd.gov.