The Baltimore County Blue Ribbon Procurement Commission will evaluate the County’s existing procurement, purchasing and contracting policies and will make recommendations for making processes more efficient and effective. The Commission will also examine trends in procurement and contracting that impact small and minority/women-owned business enterprises and make recommendations for improvement.
Managed by the Office of Government Reform and Strategic Initiatives, the Commission issued an interim report of recommendations on May 31, 2021. The Final Report is due by November 30, 2021.
The commission's membership includes:
- Phil Andrews, Principal of Kramon & Graham (Chair)
- Peta N. Richkus, former Secretary for the Maryland Department of General Services
- Wade Kach, Baltimore County Councilman
- Dan Morhaim, former Delegate and Chair of the Government Operations subcommittee
- Carla Nelson Chambers, Managing Principal for The Nelson Ideation Group, LLC
- Steve Walsh, former Director of Public Works for Baltimore County Government
- Peter Placke, Vice President/Senior Estimator for Gray & Son Contractors
- Scott Phillips, Managing Member of NSP
- Sheila Dixon, Representative for the Maryland Minority Contractors Association
- Jermaine Jones, Business Manager for Laborers' International Union of North America—Baltimore Washington District Council
- Rick Binetti, Political and Legislative Director for Laborers' International Union of North America—Baltimore Washington District Council (Commission member through April 15, 2021.)
- Blue Ribbon Procurement Commission Public Input Meeting
- September 09, 2021 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- Virtual WebEx Meeting
For more information or questions, email email@example.com.