The Baltimore County Blue Ribbon Procurement Commission will evaluate the County’s existing procurement, purchasing and contracting policies and will make recommendations for making processes more efficient and effective. The Commission will also examine trends in procurement and contracting that impact small and minority/women-owned business enterprises and make recommendations for improvement.
Managed by the Office of Government Reform & Strategic Initiatives, the Commission will issue an interim report by May 31, 2021, and a final report by November 30, 2021.
The commission's membership includes:
- Phil Andrews, Principal of Kramon & Graham (Chair)
- Peta N. Richkus, former Secretary for the Maryland Department of General Services
- Wade Kach, Baltimore County Councilman
- Dan Morhaim, former Delegate and Chair of the Government Operations subcommittee
- Carla Nelson Chambers, Managing Principal for The Nelson Ideation Group, LLC
- Steve Walsh, former Director of Public Works for Baltimore County Government
- Rick Binetti, Political and Legislative Director for Laborers' International Union of North America—Baltimore/Washington District Council
- Peter Placke, Vice President/Senior Estimator for Gray & Son Contractors
- Scott Phillips, Managing Member of NSP
- Sheila Dixon, Representative for the Maryland Minority Contractors Association
For more information or questions, email BRPC@baltimorecountymd.gov.