The Baltimore County Blue Ribbon Commission on Ethics and Accountability will study Baltimore County’s existing ethics laws and laws concerning the Office of Inspector General, and provide recommendations to ensure existing policies align with national best practices and identify any additional policies, functions or innovative practices to strengthen existing law. The University of Baltimore’s Schaefer Center for Public Policy will assist the Commission by providing administrative and research support, facilitating meetings and preparing the draft final report.
Learn more about the Commission from the University of Baltimore’s Schaefer Center for Public Policy, Blue Ribbon Commission on Ethics and Accountability.
- William E. Johnson, Jr.—Former Inspector General for the Maryland Department of Human Resources, Chair
- Brigadier General Janeen L. Brickhead—U.S. Army
- Cindy Leppert, Esq.—Chair of the Baltimore County Ethics Commission
- Judge Kathleen Cox—Former Baltimore County Circuit Court Administrative Judge
- Joanne Antoine—Executive Director, Common Cause Maryland
- Jon Laria, Esq.—Managing Partner of Ballard Spahr
- Judge Joseph Murphy, Jr. (Retired)—Partner at Silverman and Thompson, Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice
- Thomas X. Glancy, Esq.—Member at Belsky, Weinberg and Horowitz and President-elect of the Board of Directors for ACLU of Maryland’s Public Justice Center
Learn more by reading Blue Ribbon Commission on Ethics and Accountability press release.