Skip Navigation

Animal Complaints

Animal abuse is a crime. If you witness a person inflicting harm or injury on animal, call 911 right away.

Report Online

Report animal nuisances, menacing animals and mistreatment of animals by filing an online complaint. Use this form to report things like barking dogs, excessive animal feces, cats or dogs on the loose, or illegal animal facilities.

File a Complaint

You may also check the status of an existing animal complaint online.

Report By Phone

To file an animal complaint by phone, call Animal Services at 410-887-7297 (PAWS).

To make an animal cruelty complaint anonymously, please call Animal Services. Animal cruelty complaints are the only type of complaint you can make anonymously.

Complaint Affidavit

In certain cases, an animal complaint requires a signed and notarized affidavit. If you've already filed a complaint and have been directed to complete the Affidavit of Complaint form (PDF), follow the instructions below to complete and submit the form. Note: Type or fill out the form legibly and keep a completed copy for your records.

  1. Fill out your full name and address under “Complainant” and as much information as you know about the other party under “Defendant."
  2. Include the dates and times of any incident you witnessed.
  3. You must sign the form and have the form, as well as any attachments, notarized.
  4. Affidavits should be submitted within 30 days of the incident. The affidavits will be used to determine whether or not formal charges are filed.
  5. All documents should be returned to:

    Baltimore County Animal Services Division
    13800 Manor Road
    Baldwin, Maryland 21013
Revised September 20, 2017         


Did This Page Help?
Fields marked with * are required.
Page Rating*