Skip Navigation

Perry Hall Mansion

Community Office: Perry Hall

3930 Perry Hall Road
Perry Hall, Maryland 21228
Directions

Perry Hall Mansion.

About

This historical treasure is located high on a hill overlooking the Gunpowder River Valley. The Perry Hall Mansion is one of the most important landmarks in Baltimore County, as it is the oldest standing home in the community and one of the last remaining colonial homes in the County.

In the 1770s, iron-master Corbin Lee was to construct a new home on his 1,000-acre estate. Before its completion, Lee passed away in December of 1773. A gentleman named Harry Dorsey Gough purchased the estate from his widow and renamed his new purchase Perry Hall. The Perry Hall Mansion was originally a five part Georgian structure, but 60 percent was lost in an 1839 fire. It was rebuilt in Greek Revival style and now has 16 rooms including a library, ballroom with crystal chandeliers and several spacious bedrooms.

In April 1999, the Baltimore County Council endorsed landmark status for the mansion. Owner Thomas Mele II sold the estate to Baltimore County in 2001. In 2004, Baltimore County completed exterior renovations to the mansion, including painting, landscaping, repairs, and replacement of the roof.

Revised December 15, 2015

 
Revised November 21, 2017         

 

Did This Page Help?
Fields marked with * are required.
Page Rating*