Loch Raven Fishing Center
Seasons and Hours
First Friday of April through Labor Day
Open Daily 6 a.m.
Closing time posted daily at the center
Labor Day through October 31
Open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays
Open 7 a.m., Closes 5 p.m.
Closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
November 1 through November 30
Open only on Saturdays and Sundays
Open 7 a.m. Closes 4 p.m.
December through March
2015 boat permits are sold out. You may still visit, rent a boat and fish on the reservoir. You will need a Maryland Fishing License prior to your visit.
The Loch Raven Fishing Center, located at 12101 Dulaney Valley Road on the shores of Loch Raven Reservoir, offers an assortment of services for anglers, canoeists, boating enthusiasts and folks who just want to get away for the day.
- Bait your fishing rod and test your skills against a variety of fish including large and small mouth bass, yellow perch and northern pike.
- Rent a boat and enjoy a relaxing day on the 2,400 acre reservoir.
- The fishing center provides numerous services, offering boat rentals, a full inventory of fishing tackle, live bait, snacks and sundries to make your visit an enjoyable one.
- Fishing licenses are no longer sold at the center.
- All fishing from boats, canoes and kayaks in the Loch Raven Reservoir is allowed and regulated under the management of the Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks and a current seasonal permit is required to use your own vessel.
Please note that in an effort to provide ready boating access to Loch Raven Reservoir, we must limit the parking and activities at fishing center to that of its patrons. Therefore no picnicking, shoreline fishing or other "non-fishing center" related activities are permitted on the shore. Those wishing to pursue other recreational activities in and around the reservoir property are encouraged to park on Loch Raven Drive near Morgan Mill and Providence Roads for dawn to dusk parking being sure to adhere to all posted parking regulations.
For more information regarding recreational activities in other areas of the reservoir property please call Baltimore City Bureau of Water and Waster Water at 410-795-6150.
Revised April 8, 2015