Life Insurance Enrollment and Beneficiary Maintenance
Use Standard’s Life Insurance Enrollment link to enroll in Life Insurance and maintain your beneficiaries.
Additional information about County sponsored Health insurance plans including open enrollment, benefits guides, plan contacts and forms can be found in the Benefits area on the County web site.
Set up Your Password Hint
Creating a password hint will help you access your account even if you forgot your password. Follow the instructions below to set up your password hint and find out how to use the password hint to reset your password.
How to View Your W-2
Login to your ESS account to view and print your W-2.View W-2 Instructions
Pay information is posted by the Thursday of your pay week. Previous pay advice records from 2007 through the current payroll are already stored in ESS and are currently available for your review at anytime.View Pay Advice Instructions
Pay Advice Instructions
- Select the link below and login using your username and password
- Select the My Info tab on left-hand side
- Select the Paychecks tab across the top
- Select Issued Checks/Advices
- The most recent pay advice will be highlighted yellow
- Select Attachments
- Choose Download on Reference Table Attachments page
- A window will pop up with choice to Open or Save
- Open - Allows you to view and print your pay advice
- Save - Allows you to save to your computer and view and print your pay advice at a later time
- When completed, logout of ESS. Be sure to close all windows and documents.
Viewing and Printing Your W-2
- Using Internet Explorer (IE) only, go to Baltimore County's Employee Self Service (ESS) at http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/mybenefits
- Select link Log into Employee Self Service (ESS)
- Enter your username and password, then select Login button
- After you logged into ESS, select the My Info tab on left side
- Select Paychecks, one of the dark blue tabs across top
- Go to View Tax Forms (ex. W-2)
- Select the tax year, then the link for Attachments
- On the Reference Table Attachments page, choose Download
- A window will pop up with choices of Open or Save
- Open - allows you to view and print W-2
- Save - allows you to save to your computer and view and print your W-2 at a later time
- When completed, logout of ESS. Be sure to close all open windows and documents.
Employees requesting FMLA leave must complete a Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) Request form (Word) and submit the request along with the required documentation directly to the Office of Human Resources.
For additional information, contact the Office of Human Resources FMLA at 410-887-3908 or e-mail OHR-FMLA@baltimorecountymd.gov.
Need help With ESS?
- Benefit Enrollment
Learn the steps you need to complete for Open Enrollment.
- Print Your Pay advice or a W-2
These instructions will guide you through your ESS account to view/print your pay advice as well as your W-2.
- The Home Page, Login and Logout
Learn about the features available from the Home Page as well as how to login and logout of the ESS system.
- Change Your Password
Keep your password up-to-date and secure by following the instructions in this document.
- My Info and Create a W-4
My Info provides access to your personal information, like your address and contact information, benefits/deductions, and paycheck information. You can also update your W-4 information by using the My Info section of your ESS account.
- Change Your Personal Information
These instructions will help you keep your address, your contact information, and your emergency contact up-to-date.
- Working with Grids and Pick Lists
Often, information is presented in grids (lines of information that have headings over various sections of the information in the line). You’ll learn how to select and sort information in a grid. Pick lists are used to help you search and select information for a specific field.
- More Navigation Tips
You’ll learn about the Calendar Tool, Error Messages, Expand or Collapse sections, Scrolling, and Transaction ID in this document.