Captain Steve Hlavach
Lieutenant Joe Jamerson
Message From Precinct Commander
New technology continues to assist the Baltimore County Police Department in solving crimes that occur within our jurisdiction. Coupled with aggressive prosecution, it is Chief Johnson’s directive that technology be a cornerstone of our crime fighting efforts.
Social media is and will continue to be a valuable tool used by the department to communicate with the citizens we serve. The information that is provided by the department through social media is verified and supported by facts.
Many community associations within the Essex Precinct area are also using social media tools to communicate with each other and I applaud the efforts of the greater Essex Middle River area for getting involved. As the Precinct Commander, it is important to me that when citizens are using social media to communicate to the community, that they use it in a responsible manner and ensure the information that is being passed on is in fact accurate. Unfortunately, erroneous information has a detrimental effect because it creates unsubstantiated rumors.
There are several places that citizens can go to for official information from the Baltimore County Police Department.
- Essex Precinct Community Outreach Office: 410-887-0232
- Essex Precinct Front Desk: 410-887-0220 *Ask to speak to a supervisor.
- Attend our Police Community Relations Council (PCRC) meetings held on the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Stembridge Community Center, 99 Stemmers Run Road.
Official Information on significant events in Baltimore County can also be found online.
- Precinct 11 Essex Crime Blog: http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct11
- Baltimore County Police and Fire news blog: http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/iWatch
- Baltimore County Police and Fire Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire
- Baltimore County Police/Fire Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
Everyone at the Essex Precinct greatly appreciates the support we receive from the citizens in the greater Essex Middle River area. Together we are making a difference and the data we have supports this.
- Find out what is happening in your community at the Precinct 11 Essex Police Community Relations Council. The PCRC meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Stembridge Community Center located at 99 Stemmers Run Road. All are encouraged to attend. For more information, call the Community Outreach Team at 410-887-0232.
Blotter and Crime Trends
At 9:58 p.m., the victim was locking up the doors at the Dollar General store when a suspect approached and produced a handgun. The suspect physically forced the victim inside and ordered the victim to open the safe. The safe was eventually opened and the suspect fled the store with an undisclosed amount of money.Mon, 21 Jul 2014 01:58:00 GMThttp://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct11/July20ArmedRobbery200BlockofBackRiverNeckRoad21221
At 3:58 a.m., the suspects entered the 7-Eleven store with handguns, and ordered the clerk to open the register. The suspects removed the money, and several cartons of cigarettes before fleeing.Fri, 18 Jul 2014 07:58:00 GMThttp://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct11/July18ArmedRobbery200BlockofBackRiverNeckRoad21221
At 2:51 p.m., the suspect walked into the TD Bank and up to a teller window. The suspect demanded money and instructed the teller to not press the alarm. The teller handed over cash and the suspect fled the location.Tue, 15 Jul 2014 18:51:00 GMThttp://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct11/July15Robbery1800BlockofEasternBoulevard21221
View the Local Blotter for the Essex Precinct for the latest news on crime in your area.
Revised April 9, 2014