Captain Steve Hlavach
Lieutenant Joe Jamerson
Message From Precinct Commander
New technology continues to assist the Baltimore County Police Department in solving crimes that occur within our jurisdiction. Coupled with aggressive prosecution, it is Chief Johnson’s directive that technology be a cornerstone of our crime fighting efforts.
Social media is and will continue to be a valuable tool used by the department to communicate with the citizens we serve. The information that is provided by the department through social media is verified and supported by facts.
Many community associations within the Essex Precinct area are also using social media tools to communicate with each other and I applaud the efforts of the greater Essex Middle River area for getting involved. As the Precinct Commander, it is important to me that when citizens are using social media to communicate to the community, that they use it in a responsible manner and ensure the information that is being passed on is in fact accurate. Unfortunately, erroneous information has a detrimental effect because it creates unsubstantiated rumors.
There are several places that citizens can go to for official information from the Baltimore County Police Department.
- Essex Precinct Community Outreach Office: 410-887-0232
- Essex Precinct Front Desk: 410-887-0220 *Ask to speak to a supervisor.
- Attend our Police Community Relations Council (PCRC) meetings held on the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Stembridge Community Center, 99 Stemmers Run Road.
Official Information on significant events in Baltimore County can also be found online.
- Precinct 11 Essex Crime Blog: http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct11
- Baltimore County Police and Fire news blog: http://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/iWatch
- Baltimore County Police and Fire Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire
- Baltimore County Police/Fire Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
Everyone at the Essex Precinct greatly appreciates the support we receive from the citizens in the greater Essex Middle River area. Together we are making a difference and the data we have supports this.
- Find out what is happening in your community at the Precinct 11 Essex Police Community Relations Council. The PCRC meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Stembridge Community Center located at 99 Stemmers Run Road. All are encouraged to attend. For more information, call the Community Outreach Team at 410-887-0232.
Blotter and Crime Trends
The victim reported that at 3:05 p.m., she was in a parking lot counting her money. The suspect approached her, stated that he had a gun, and wanted her money. She handed the suspect $24 and he fled the scene.
The suspect was later identified and taken into custody.Sun, 13 Apr 2014 19:05:00 GMThttp://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct11/April13Robbery9600PulaskiHighway21221
At 11:40 p.m., the victim was approached by the suspect. The victim reported that as the suspect approached her, she heard what she thought was a knife opening. The suspect grabbed her and took her cell phone. The victim then ran home.Sat, 12 Apr 2014 03:40:00 GMThttp://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct11/April11ArmedRobbery500blockofCarrollwoodRoad21220
At 11:55 a.m., the suspect entered the Sun Trust Bank and presented a note demanding money. The suspect fled the scene on a bicycle. That bicycle was recovered nearby.Tue, 08 Apr 2014 15:55:00 GMThttp://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/News/PoliceNews/Precincts/Precinct11/April8Robbery100blockofOrvilleRoad21221
View the Local Blotter for the Essex Precinct for the latest news on crime in your area.
Revised April 9, 2014