Office of the County Auditor
The Office of the County Auditor operates as part of the Legislative branch of County Government pursuant to the Baltimore County Charter, Section 311.
To improve the effectiveness and efficiency of local government by actively providing independent auditing and other fiscal services to the County Council.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze the fiscal impact of legislation (e.g., bills, fiscal matters, resolutions) to be enacted by the County Council.
- Conduct financial audits as directed by the County Council of organizations funded in whole or in part by County funds.
- Assist the external auditor in conducting a financial audit of the County's general purpose financial statements as required by §312 of the Charter.
- Prepare reports on internal accounting control, administrative and operating practices and procedures and other pertinent financial and compliance matters.
- Conduct operational and performance audits as authorized by the County Council.
- Assist the County Council in its annual evaluation of the County Executive's proposed budget.
- Conduct special projects and investigations at the request of the County Council.
- Staff the Spending Affordability and Economic Advisory Committees.
- Report on the County's economic indicators and revenue projections.
If you have any comments or suggestions, email us at email@example.com
Revised July 11, 2013