Baltimore County Offers Flu Shot Clinics for Older Adults
Towson, Maryland (August 16, 2013) – The Baltimore County Department of Aging (BCDA) in partnership with Maxim Healthcare Services is pleased to announce flu shot clinics across Baltimore County and at the 2013 Senior Expo. Flu shots are no cost to Medicare B beneficiaries, and Bravo and Aetna participants. Pneumonia shots are also available at no cost to Medicare B beneficiaries and Bravo participants.
Cost to all others:
- $30 for flu shot
- $70 for pneumonia shot
Clinics accept cash payments or checks made payable to Maxim Healthcare Services. You must bring your original Medicare Card or Health Insurance Card and photo identification to receive a shot.
About the Flu and Vaccines
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness and at times can lead to death. Some people, such as older people, young children and people with certain health conditions, are at high risk for serious flu complications.
The best way to prevent the flu is by getting vaccinated each year. The 2013 to 2014 flu vaccine will protect against three common flu viruses.
Find more information on other BCDA services online or contact Maryland Access Point at 410-887-2594.
Clinic Locations and Dates
Clinics are offered at the following Baltimore County Senior Centers:
- Liberty Senior Center, 3525 Resource Drive, 21133, on September 3 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Cockeysville Senior Center, 10535 York Road, 21030, on September 9 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Seven Oaks Senior Center, 9210 Seven Courts Drive, 21236, on September 10 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Bykota Senior Center, 611 Central Avenue, 21204, on September 13 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Victory Villa Senior Center, 403 Compass Road, 21220, on September 19 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Essex Senior Center, 600 Dorsey Road, 21221, on September 20 from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Lansdowne Senior Center, 424 Third Avenue, 21227, on September 23 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Overlea Senior Center, 4314 Fullerton Avenue, 21236, on September 24 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Ateaze Senior Center, 7401 Holabird Avenue, 21222, on September 25 from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Arbutus Senior Center, 855A Sulphur Spring Road, 21227, on September 27 from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Catonsville Senior Center, 501 North Rolling Road, 21228, September 30 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Mt. Carmel Senior Center, 17038 Prettyboy Dam Road, 21220, October 1 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Reisterstown Senior Center, 12035 Reisterstown Road, 21136, October 8 from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Parkville Senior Center, 8601 Harford Road, 21234, October 18 from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Pikesville Senior Center, 1301 Reisterstown Road, 21208, October 18 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Edgemere Senior Center, 6600 North Point Road, 21219, October 21 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Jacksonville Senior Center, 3605 Sweet Air Road, 21131, October 31 from 10 a.m. to noon.
A clinic will also be offered at the 2013 Baby Boomer/Senior Expo at the Maryland State Fairgrounds, 2200 York Road, 21093:
- October 9 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- October 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Note: Clinics are not free for Baltimore County Government employees.
The mission of the BCDA strengthens lives by connecting individuals to community resources, programs and services. Throughout the County, BCDA operates 20 senior centers and the Maryland Access Point for Baltimore County (MAP).