smARTS Arts and Culture TV Show
Firaxis Games, Alvin Ailey Dancer, Summer Theatre and Music
Towson, Maryland (July 1, 2013) - A new edition of smARTS, the Baltimore County arts and culture television show, is now airing on Baltimore County cable channel 25. Featured segments include:
- Host Carolyn Black-Sotir interviews Linda-Denise Fisher-Harrell, a former Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre performer who now makes her creative home at Towson University.
- A behind-the-scenes visit to Firaxis Games, one of the most successful video game development companies in the world, where creative director Sid Meier inspires artists and programmers to create dynamic interactive worlds.
- Free summer concerts every weekend at the Lurman Woodland Theatre in Catonsville, from Motown to classic rock, swing and Latin music.
- A preview of Cockpit in Court's summer theatre season at CCBC Essex.
- "Get Smarter" as a Baltimore County artist Wendy Cohen artist demonstrates the art of color.
smARTS airs Thursdays and Fridays, 7 to 7:30 p.m. and Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m. to noon, on Baltimore County cable channel 25.
smARTS is a production of the Baltimore County Commission on Arts and Sciences, partnership with the Baltimore County Public Schools and BCPS-TV. (Segments can be viewed anytime.)