At 2:59 a.m. Sunday morning, Baltimore County Police and Fire personnel responded to a home in the Unit Block of Belfast Road 21093 for a report of a shooting.
The initial investigation into this incident has indicated that five suspects entered the victim’s home through a basement door. One of the suspects was armed with a handgun. The victim began to struggle with the armed suspect and was shot once in the upper body. The suspects then fled the scene.
The victim drove himself to an area hospital for treatment. He is expected to survive.
After leaving the home, the suspect that had been armed went to an area hospital for treatment of a gunshot wound. The other four suspects accompanied him. Police located the suspects at the hospital and took four of them into custody. The injured suspect told detectives that he had received the wound during the incident on Belfast Road.
Property taken from the victim’s home and a handgun were recovered from a vehicle used by the suspects.
Investigators determined that the suspects targeted the victim for a robbery after a previous encounter they had with him.
Charged in this incident are:
- Kevin Lamont Sanders (22) of the 1700 Block of Lakeside Avenue 21218
- Darian Reshaun Watkins (20) of the 400 Block of East Oliver Street 21202
- Malik Latoye Geiger (19) of the 3400 Block of Sonia Trail 21043
- Terrell Charles James Williams (17 – Charged as an adult) of the 3500 Block of Sussex Road 21207
- Duane Marquise Geiger (19) of the 2300 Block of Flax Drive 21209
These suspects are charged with attempted first degree murder, armed robbery, and related offenses. They are all being held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.
This incident remains under investigation by the Baltimore County Police Violent Crimes Unit.