UPDATE (December 9, 2016 7:24 p.m.):
Terrence Shondry Smalls has been released on $75,000 bail.
UPDATE (December 9, 2016 2:16 p.m.):
Bail for Terrence Shondry Smalls has been lowered to $75,000.
Original release (December 9, 2016 10:02 a.m.):
Crimes Against Children Unit Detectives have charged a church volunteer with sexual child abuse.
On November 27, officers responded to the Church of the Nativity in the unit block of East Ridgely Road, 21093 for a sexual child abuse call. A four-year-old girl told her mother that she had been sexually abused by a man volunteering in the church nursery during a Sunday morning mass. Detectives from the Crimes Against Children Unit also responded and began an investigation.
On December 8, Terrence Shondry Smalls (26) of the 10400 block of Rainbow Ridge Drive, 21093, was arrested and charged with sex abuse of a minor, second degree assault, child abuse: second-degree custodian, and second-degree sex offense. He is currently being held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.
Detectives learned that the suspect has been employed or volunteered at a number of locations which put him in contact with children, including:
- Babysitting services for children under six advertised on www.Sitter.com (current)
- Assistant at Pot Spring Elementary School (current)
- Volunteered with the Girl Scout troop that met at Pot Spring Elementary School and Epworth Church from 2011 to 2015
- Before and After Care program at Pot Spring Elementary School from 2011 to 2014
- Church of the Nativity
- Little Gym (Hunt Valley) from July to October of 2016
There are no known victims at locations other than the Church of the Nativity at this time.
Anyone with information regarding Terrence Smalls is asked to call Baltimore County Police at 410-307-2020.