The Baltimore County Police Department would like to announce that the hiring process for both police cadet and police officer is now open. Applications will be accepted online only through May 2. Interested individuals can go to www.joinbaltimorecountypd.com or www.baltimorecountymd.gov to apply.
Candidates for police cadet must be between 17 ½ and 20 ½ years old.
Candidates for police officer have to be 21 years old by graduation from the academy.
Information sessions are being offered for police officer and cadet. There is one session geared specifically towards women.
The information sessions are as follows:
- Wednesday, March 12: Officer Session at Towson HQ
- Wednesday, March 19: Officer Session at Liberty Family Resource Center
- Wednesday, April 2: Officer Session at CCBC Dundalk Campus
- Wednesday, April 9: Women's Session at Towson Headquarters
- Wednesday, April 16: Cadet Session at CCBC Dundalk Campus
- Wednesday, April 23: Cadet Session at Liberty Family Resource Center
- Wednesday, April 30: Cadet Session at Towson Headquarters
Anyone interested in learning more about either position is encouraged to register to attend an information session. Space is limited in the information sessions, so you must register online at www.joinbaltimorecountypd.com.
The deadline for applications is May 2.
Anyone with questions can call the Baltimore County Police Recruitment Unit at 410-887-5542.