Fire crews are on the scene of a dwelling fire in the 7600 block of Avondale Av 21224. No visible flames at this time. No injuries.^JW2014-04-17T17:15:29+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/776171499059650
Franklin Precinct Detectives clear three Reisterstown street robberies. http://ow.ly/vTi5y ^JW
Franklin Precinct Detectives Clear Three Reisterstown Street Robberies
Baltimore County Police have charged suspects in three robberies in the Reisterstown area. February 10: 12000 block of Reisterstown Road 21136...2014-04-17T15:03:14+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/776120845731382
Don't leave your car running unattended. It might not be there when you get back.^JW2014-04-16T13:06:45+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/775628465780620
Police on the scene of an accident involving a trapped subject at Goucher Boulevard and LaSalle Rd in Towson.^JW2014-04-15T21:05:56+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/775317692478364
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, email@example.com, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, April 14, through Sunday, April 20:
- Police Department: Officer Shawn Vinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, until 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 17. Lieutenant Robert McCullough, email@example.com, will cover from 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 17, until Monday, April 21.
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Lieutenant Jay Ringgold, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised April 14, 2014