Incident on Kosoak Rd update - man taken into custody. Police units will be clearing shortly.2014-03-11T22:37:33+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/759238984086235
Police responding to 500 blk of Kosoak Rd in Essex for possible suicidal subject call.2014-03-11T22:31:33+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/759236514086482
Tonight BCoFD honors first responders and civilians who performed above and beyond the call of duty at ceremonies at Goucher College, 7 p.m.
Reisterstown Volunteer Fire Company FF Gene Kirchner, who died in the line of duty last spring, will be honored.
Other recipients include a BCoPD North Point officer who attempted to save someone from a burning building (he will receive the Bronze Star, BCoFD's third-highest award), and crews and a civilian who assisted with the Rosedale train explosion.
The Baltimore County Police Department would like to announce that the hiring process for both police cadet and police officer is now open. Applications will be accepted online only through May 2. Interested individuals can go to www.joinbaltimorecountypd.com or www.baltimorecountymd.gov to apply.
* Candidates for police cadet must be between 17 ½ and 20 ½ years old.
* Candidates for police office have to be 21 years old by graduation from the academy.
Information sessions are being offered for police officer and cadet. One session geared specifically towards women. The information sessions are as follows:
Wednesday, March 12th Officer Session at Towson HQ
Wednesday, March 19th Officer Session at Liberty Family Resource Center
Wednesday, April 2nd Officer Session at CCBC Dundalk Campus
Wednesday, April 9th Women's Session at Towson HQ
Wednesday, April 16th Cadet Session at CCBC Dundalk Campus
Wednesday, April 23rd Cadet Session at Liberty Family Resource Center
Wednesday, April 30th Cadet Session at Towson HQ
Anyone interested in learning more about either position is encouraged to register to attend an information session. Space is limited in the information sessions, so you must register online at www.joinbaltimorecountypd.com .
The deadline for applications is May 2.2014-03-11T17:37:40+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/759135347429932
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, firstname.lastname@example.org, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, March 10, through Sunday, March 16:
- Police Department: Corporal Cathy Batton, email@example.com
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Lieutenant Paul Massarelli, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised March 7, 2014