The next meeting of the Baltimore County Criminal Justice Coordinating Council is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2015.
It will be held at 8 a.m. in the Executive Conference Room, Historic Courthouse, 400 Washington Avenue, Towson, MD.
Baltimore County Md. Criminal Justice Coordinating Council - Overview
Find information and the schedule of the Criminal Justice Council in Baltimore County, Maryland.2015-04-01T16:33:21+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/960419947301470
#BCoPD investigating robbery of Royal Farms store on Belair Rd.
The suspect was wearing a black shirt that had "POLICE" written on the front and back.
The full release is available on our news blog: http://ow.ly/L5geN2015-04-01T16:29:39+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/photos/a.597717780238357.1073741828.583947594948709/960417677301697/?type=1
#BCoFD reminds you to never leave a lit candle unattended, and always put candle holders on a sturdy surface. ^NL2015-04-01T16:02:01+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/photos/a.597717780238357.1073741828.583947594948709/960405540636244/?type=1
Fire investigators have determined that the Tuesday night apartment fire in Reisterstown was accidental. http://ow.ly/L54Sw ^JW
Fire Damages Apartment Building in Reisterstown
Fire investigators determined that the fire was accidental: caused by a candle that had fallen over in a second floor apartment. Approximately 12 apartments were damaged.2015-04-01T15:40:22+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/960398577303607
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, firstname.lastname@example.org, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, March 30 through Sunday, April 5:
- Police Department: Corporal John Wachter, email@example.com
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Captain Bruce Schultz, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised March 30, 2015