On September 28, the Baltimore County Fire Service remembers career and volunteer members who passed away during the past year.
Annual Fire Service Memorial Ceremony Scheduled September 28
A 23-year-old Hampstead man was killed early this morning in a crash in rural northern Baltimore County.
Hampstead Man Killed in Crash in Franklin Precinct
A 23-year-old Hampstead man was killed early this morning in a single-vehicle crash in the 19000 block of Brick Store Road, near Hampstead.2014-09-19T16:12:55+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/856980020978797
Baltimore County Police have charged two suspects in connection with the September 15 shooting in Catonsville that left one person deceased and one person injured.
The full release is available on our news blog:
As part of National Preparedness Month, here are some ways to stay prepared for possible water and power outages. For tips on storing a personal water supply, visit http://www.ready.gov/water #NatlPrep
Baltimore County Md. Emergency Preparedness - Water and Power Outages
Find information about how to prepare for water and power outages by having a plan to along for three days without water and electricity.2014-09-17T16:04:38+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/855848101091989
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, firstname.lastname@example.org, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, September 15, through Sunday, September 21:
- Police Department: Lieutenant Robert McCullough, email@example.com
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Captain Bruce Schultz, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised September 15, 2014