Public Affairs Section
The Public Affairs Section provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activities.
Elise Armacost, email@example.com, is the Director of the Public Affairs Section. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Public Affairs Section during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Fire and Police Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Friday, January 13 through Sunday, January 15:
- Police Department: Officer Jen Peach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Fire Director Bruce Schultz, email@example.com
Monday, January 16 through Sunday, January 22:
- Police Department:
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: EMS Lieutenant Tim Rostkowski, firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday, January 16 through Sunday, January 22
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- Baltimore County News, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from a public safety cable television program, the Police Department's "Police Report" is available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire. We tweet information about homicides; violent non-fatal crimes; fatal motor vehicle crashes and other fatal incidents; multi-alarm and fatal fires; missing persons; other newsworthy incidents; and information about crimes where public input may aid the investigation.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency. Information about weather and community emergencies and missing persons is provided on this account.