#BCoPD confirms an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct at Reisterstown Volunteer Fire Company. http://ow.ly/KRpNW ^JW2015-03-27T03:26:13+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/957889680887830
#BCoPD mourns the loss of our friend Bill Toohey, for many years the voice of #BCoPD. Bill passed away this a.m. after a brief illness.
Bill served as the Director of Media Relations for the Baltimore County Police Department from 1996 to 2010. Bill was a good friend to many of us in the public safety and government community and a committed, enthusiastic media relations practitioner. We will miss him.
Please keep his family in your thoughts in the days ahead. ^EA2015-03-26T19:07:43+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/957708944239237
The #Precinct8 Officer of the Month for February is Officer Hardwick. #BCoPD http://ow.ly/KQanh ^JW2015-03-26T17:37:39+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/957658777577587
David Scott is known to frequent the Woodlawn Memorial Park. Call 410-307-2020 with info. http://ow.ly/KMNaK2015-03-25T15:52:05+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/photos/a.597717780238357.1073741828.583947594948709/957089457634519/?type=1
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, firstname.lastname@example.org, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, March 23 through Sunday, March 29:
- Police Department: Officer Shawn Vinson, email@example.com
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Battalion Chief Jen Utz, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised March 23, 2015