Public Affairs Section
The Public Affairs Section provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activities.
Elise Armacost, email@example.com, is the Director of the Public Affairs Section. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Public Affairs Section during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Fire and Police Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Friday, May 27 through Sunday, May 29:
- Police Department: Officer Jen Peach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Fire Director Bruce Schultz, email@example.com
Monday, May 30 through Sunday, June 5
- Police Department: Corporal John Wachter, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: EMS Lieutenant Tim Rostkowski, email@example.com
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- Baltimore County News, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from a public safety cable television program, the Police Department's "Police Report" is available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised May 27, 2016