Police investigate overnight, non-fatal shooting in Precinct 2/Woodlawn. http://ow.ly/AuzQY ^EA
Police Investigate Shooting in Precinct 2/Woodlawn
BCoPD's Violent Crimes Unit is investigating a shooting that occurred early this morning in Precinct 2/Woodlawn.2014-08-19T17:07:50+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/841231352553664
This fall BCoFD will offer two sessions of its "Neighbors Helping Neighbors" course, an emergency preparedness program that teaches citizens how to get through the first 72 hours following a disaster.
One session is offered at the Providence VFC in Towson; the second is offered at Pikesville VFC. Sign up now!
Baltimore County Md. Emergency Preparedness - Neighbors Helping Neighbors: Emergency...
The latest chapter in Baltimore County's ongoing emergency preparedness effort involves teaching citizens how to get through the first 72 hours after a disaster.2014-08-18T20:53:44+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/840830355927097
Investigators release information on vehicle in connection with the fatal hit and run of a pedestrian in Dundalk August 9.
Police Investigating Fatal Hit and Run of a Pedestrian in Dundalk
Late model Dodge Ram pick-up truck that is white or off-white in color with front end damage. Investigators believe the truck sustained damage to the front grill which is plastic and chrome colored. The truck should also be missing chips of paint from the front.2014-08-18T18:40:37+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/840781002598699
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, firstname.lastname@example.org, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, August 18, through Sunday, August 24:
- Police Department: Lieutenant Robert McCullough, email@example.com
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Captain Bruce Schultz, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised August 18, 2014