Baltimore County Police Chief James Johnson and Baltimore County Fire Chief John Hohman along with the members of the Baltimore County Police and Fire Departments wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.2014-11-27T13:20:25+00:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/893635527313246
Baltimore County District Courts and Circuit Court are closing at 1 p.m. today. http://ow.ly/EWmjJ ^JW2014-11-26T17:43:28+00:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/893231357353663
Baltimore County Police detectives are continuing to investigate a shooting in Gwynn Oak in December 2013 that left a man deceased.
The family of the victim is offering an additional $1,000.00 through Metro Crime Stoppers for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in this case.
The full release is available on our news blog:
Detectives Continue to Investigate December 2013 Shooting That Left Man Deceased
The Baltimore County Police Department is continuing to investigate a homicide that occurred in December 2013. The family of the victim has added $1000 to the Metro Crime Stoppers reward.2014-11-26T14:40:19+00:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/893142927362506
Baltimore County Public Schools
Due to the impending weather, Baltimore County Public Schools will close 3 hrs. early today, November 26, 2014. Have a safe Thanksgiving!2014-11-26T11:21:07+00:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/893063084037157
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, firstname.lastname@example.org, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, November 24, through Sunday, November 30:
- Police Department: Lieutenant Rob McCullough, email@example.com
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Captain Rich Schenning, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised November 24, 2014