17 yr male walked into Northwest Hosp with non life threatening gunshot wound. Vic and susp know each other. No comm threat. DT 4:16 pm ^CB2014-08-31T01:19:40+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/846459032030896
Man arrested after stabbing in Owings Mills on Friday evening. More details available online. http://ow.ly/ATZ0f ^CB
Man Stabbed at Owings Mills Metro Station Friday Evening
A man was arrested after a stabbing in Owings Mills on Friday evening. More details are available online.2014-08-31T00:49:19+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/846451125365020
Suspect charged with 2 counts of murder in Rosedale homicide from 8/25. Additional details online. http://ow.ly/ATk74 ^CB
Detectives Investigating Homicide in Rosedale
UPDATE: A 45 year old man has been arrested and charged for a double murder in Rosedale. Additional details are available online.2014-08-30T15:06:26+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/846265502050249
FBI Baltimore is now assisting BCoPD with the search for the suspect in Wednesday's stabbing in Lansdowne and his girlfriend.
FBI Assists With Search For Lansdowne Stabbing
The FBI Baltimore Violent Crime Task Force is now assisting BCoPD with the search for a suspect in Wednesday's non-fatal stabbing in Lansdowne and his girlfriend.2014-08-29T23:45:13+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/846014682075331
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, email@example.com, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Friday, August 29, through Sunday, August 31:
- Police Department: Corporal Cathy Batton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Lieutenant Paul Massarelli, email@example.com
Monday, September 1, through Sunday, September 7:
- Police Department: Officer Shawn Vinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Lieutenant Jay Ringgold, email@example.com
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised August 29, 2014