Unidentified homicide victim found in Maryland may have ties to Massachusetts
It was a gruesome discovery on an access road near a Maryland cemetery: A young female had been beaten, sexually assaulted and strangled. Her body was wrapped in a white sheet, her hands tied behind h2014-12-18T15:04:26+00:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/904326492910816
Have you seen this man?
Baltimore County detectives are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect responsible for a December 1 robbery at a Royal Farms store on Edmonson Avenue.
The full release is available on our news blog:
* Wanted Person *
Have you seen Solomon Nicholas Williams?
On December 28, 2013 at 11:46 p.m., police were called to a home in the 1200 block of 63rd Street 21237 for a report of a stabbing. When officers arrived on the scene, they found an adult male and an adult female suffering from cut wounds.
More information is available on our news blog:
The Pikesville Precinct Officer of the Month for November 2014 is Officer Wright. #BCoPD #Precinct4 http://ow.ly/G4sDs ^JW
November 2014 Officer of The Month
The Pikesville Precinct Officer of the Month for November 2014 is Officer Wright.2014-12-17T21:10:37+00:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/903997502943715
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, firstname.lastname@example.org, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, December 15, through Sunday, December 21:
- Police Department: Lieutenant Rob McCullough, email@example.com
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Captain Rich Schenning, firstname.lastname@example.org, will be on call through Thursday, December 18. Captain Bruce Schultz, email@example.com, will be on call from Friday, December 19, through Sunday, December 21.
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised December 15, 2014