Every year, U.S. fire departments respond to almost 9,000 home fires involving grills. In 2012, grill-related injuries sent nearly 17,000 people to the emergency room.
Visit http://www.nfpa.org/grilling for more information on how to enjoy your summer barbecues safely and responsibly.2014-07-23T20:01:29+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/photos/a.597717780238357.1073741828.583947594948709/827553297254803/?type=1
Sunday afternoon stabbing in Owings Mills leaves man injured. http://ow.ly/zslbc ^JW
Stabbing in Owings Mills Leaves Man Injured
At 4:58 p.m. Sunday afternoon, Baltimore County Police and Fire units responded to the unit block of Windermere Court 21117 for a report of a...2014-07-22T17:30:56+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/827035543973245
Police investigating officer involved shooting on Kathryns Ct in White Marsh. 2 suspects in custody & 3rd suspect shot @ scene. ^RM2014-07-22T10:04:05+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/826869323989867
Baltimore County Police Museum
Items from the Police Museum at the Baltimore County Public Safety Building2014-07-21T20:32:16+01:00http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.817420628268070.1073741866.583947594948709&type=1
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, email@example.com, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, July 21, through Sunday, July 27:
- Police Department: Lieutenant Robert McCullough, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Captain Bruce Schultz, email@example.com
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised July 21, 2014