Jahadah Rasheed has been found unharmed. #BCoPD thanks everyone who shared her information. #MissingPerson http://ow.ly/OGWid2015-06-23T17:04:03+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/1002746376402160
If you need access to water or rest in a cool environment, Baltimore County has several “cooling centers”: http://ow.ly/OGIlc ^NL
Baltimore County Md. Health - Cooling Centers and Hot Weather Tips
Baltimore County residents can get relief from the heat by visiting a cooling center.2015-06-23T16:00:29+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/1002716896405108
The @NWS has issued a heat advisory for Baltimore County. Take extra precautions to avoid heat-related illness: http://ow.ly/OGHDU ^NL2015-06-23T15:57:18+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/1002715816405216
Timonta Brown has been located unharmed. #BCoPD thanks everyone who shared his information. #MissingPerson http://ow.ly/OGxbB2015-06-23T15:11:08+01:00http://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire/posts/1002699379740193
Office of Media and Communications
The Office of Media and Communications provides information about Police, Fire and Emergency Management activity.
Elise Armacost, email@example.com, is the Director of the Office of Media and Communications, Public Safety. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office telephone number is 410-887-2210.
Media Requests Outside Normal Business Hours
On holidays and after normal business hours, call Police Liaison (410-307-2020) or Fire Dispatch (410-307-2052) to confirm basic breaking news details. Dispatchers provide basic information and advise if a public information officer has been called to the scene. During significant incidents, Fire and Police dispatch officers must handle multiple tasks and will be extremely busy; they will respond to media as they are able.
On-call Fire and Police PIOs will provide updates about significant breaking news such as shootings, multi-patient crashes and multi-alarm fires through one or more of the following:
- Twitter, www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire or www.twitter.com/BACOemergency
- Facebook, www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCountyPoliceandFire
- Our media email group.
For inquiries about non-breaking news and minor incidents, contact the Office of Media and Communications during regular business hours.
Weekly On-Call PIO Schedule
The schedule and contact information for the on-call Public Safety Information Officers (PIO) are provided to media agencies each Monday via email. Please post or share with your editing and reporting staff.
Monday, June 29 through Sunday, July 5:
- Police Department: Corporal Shawn Vinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fire Department and Emergency Management: Lieutenant Paul Massarelli, email@example.com will be on call from Monday, June 29 through Friday, July 3. Division Chief Jen Aubert-Utz, firstname.lastname@example.org, will be on call Saturday, July 4 and Sunday, July 5.
If you do not have contact numbers for the on-call PIOs, or if you have trouble reaching the on-call PIOs, contact Police Liaison at 410-307-2020, or Fire Dispatch at 410-307-2052.
The on-call schedule is subject to change due to illness or other personal issues.
Resources for Citizens
News About Public Safety
- Police and Fire news is available online in this section.
- You may sign up to receive news about local crime and other Police Department activity via e-mail.
- Baltimore County NOW, the County's "news you can use" blog, regularly features articles by public safety experts on a variety of public safety topics.
- Segments from two public safety cable television programs, the Fire Department's "Answering the Call" and the Police Department's "Police Report" are available online.
The Baltimore County Fire Department and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management provide information about breaking news events, safety tips and other departmental activity.
- Follow the Official Facebook page for Baltimore County Police and Fire
- Follow daily Police and Fire Department activity at www.twitter.com/BACOPoliceFire.
- Follow Emergency Management at www.twitter.com/BACOemergency.
Revised June 29, 2015