Baltimore County Now
Baltimore County Office of Communications
Towson is one of the most exciting suburbs in America. Easy for us to say, but don’t just take our word for it. A new survey by Business Insider ranks Towson #11 in the U.S. The survey ranked nearly 140 suburbs across the country by what they call “excitement factors,” looking at:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
- Percentage of restaurants that are fast food (the lower the better)
Towson has more than 60 restaurants, including new downtown destinations Cunningham’s and Oyster Bay. Towson’s 55,000 residents can go for a run around the Towson University or Goucher campus, through welcoming neighborhoods, around the Towson Y, in one of four County parks, and soon at the new L.A. Fitness in Towson Commons. New bike lanes will make cycling easier throughout Towson. Turn up the music at a WTMD live lunch at Olympic Place, in Towson University Center for the Arts and Stephens Hall, or Goucher’s KraushaarAuditorium. This summer, Towson Square adds 15 Cinemark movie theatres and eight new restaurants to downtown Towson.
Not hard to see the excitement here!
Read more at Business Insider