Baltimore County News
Trash and Recycling Collection Normal, Drop-off Facilities Open
Baltimore County government offices, and the District and Circuit Courts, will be closed two days next week, Tuesday, November 8 for Election Day and Friday, November 11 in recognition of Veterans Day. Health Department clinics, and senior centers will be closed, and CountyRide vans will not operate. Libraries will be open, parking meters must be fed and Baltimore County Revenue Authority parking garages will be open as usual.
Trash and recyclables will be collected according to the normal schedule. The County’s trash and recycling drop-off facilities will be open. Residents can log onto www.baltimorecountymd.gov/solidwaste for more information about recycling and trash collection, including schedules and drop-off center locations and hours. Residents may also call the Bureau of Solid Waste Management at 410-887-2000.
Katie A. Brown, Election Director
Baltimore County Board of Elections
The 2016 Presidential General Election is quickly approaching. Whether you are concerned about the environment, taxes, funding for your child’s school, or development, there are several ways you can exercise your right to vote and be heard.
This year’s General Election is on Tuesday, November 8th. And, early voting centers will be open for your convenience from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. from Thursday, October 27 through and including Thursday, November 3. The early voting centers in Baltimore County are located at:
- Arbutus Recreation Center, 865 Sulphur Spring Road, Halethorpe, MD 21227
- Center for Maryland Agriculture, 1114 Shawan Road, Cockeysville, MD 21030
- Honeygo Community Center, 9033 Honeygo Boulevard, Perry Hall, MD 21128
- Randallstown Community Center, 3505 Resource Drive, Randallstown, MD 21133
- Reisterstown Senior Center, 12035 Reisterstown Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136
- Sollers Point Multi-Purpose Center, 323 Sollers Point Road, Dundalk, MD 21222
- Towson University Administration Building, 7720 York Road, Towson, MD 21252
- Victory Villa Community Center, 404 E. Compass Road, Middle River, MD 21220
- Woodlawn Community Center, 2120 Gwynn Oak Avenue, Woodlawn, MD 21207
Baltimore County voters may vote at any of the designated early voting centers. Addresses, driving directions and photographs of all of the early voting centers are available at http://www.elections.maryland.gov/voting/early_voting.html.
Voters who prefer to vote on Election Day can vote on Tuesday, November 8, 2016. On Election Day, polling places will be open for voting from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. To avoid delays, voters should try to vote between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Voters can visit http://www.elections.maryland.gov/elections/2016/index.html for more 2016 election information, or contact the Baltimore County Board of Elections at 410-887-5700 or the State Board of Elections at 1-800-222-VOTE (8683).
Become an Election Judge!
Baltimore County Board of Elections is seeking motivated people, who can endure long hours (6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.), to work as Election Judges for the General Election. Earn extra money and work close to home.
Your vote truly does count!
Revised September 26, 2016