Baltimore County News
Free resources to help you take care of yourself too!
Being a caregiver for a family member can take a toll. You might be caring for an ailing spouse, for your aging parents or in-laws, or for an elderly neighbor. For family caregivers of older relatives, challenges come in all forms — financial, physical, emotional and social.
Whether you live in the same house or across town from your loved one, you devote your time, your resources and your heart to ensuring the health and safety of the place they call home. In order to reduce the stress of these challenges, you are invited to the annual Caregivers Mini-Conference presented by Baltimore County Department of Aging (BCDA).
- Gather information about resources and programs that can aid you in your caregiving.
- Get a broader understanding about making advance health care decisions from a guest speaker with the Office of the Attorney General.
- Relax and unwind with a mindfulness session presented by a local meditation teacher.
- Receive a free Health Screening provided by University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
- Network with other caregivers while you enjoy a continental breakfast and beverages sponsored by AARP.
Caregivers Mini-Conference for family caregivers of older relatives
Saturday, April 16, 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Edgemere Senior Center, 6600 North Point Road, Sparrows Point 21219
Free admission; plenty of open seats, no advance registration will be taken. To receive an event flier and copy of the agenda, please contact the BCDA Caregivers Program at 410-887-4724.
Michelle Marseilles Bruns
Manager, Caregivers Program
Baltimore County Department of Aging
Revised April 6, 2016