Baltimore County Now
Scrap the Malls
A 12 days ‘til Christmas shopping list
Baltimore County Office of Communications
Twelve days to go, twelve ideas for unique and memorable gifts. So scrap the malls and head for the one-of-a-kind.
1. Sip local. Wine tours and tastings from Baltimore County’s vineyards
2. Spark the adventurous. Classes in rock climbing (Earth Trek Climbing Center), fencing (Baltimore Fencing Center), or flying (Middle River Aviation)
3. Get creative. Tickets to a County performance (check out Baltimore Actors Theatre, Gordon Center for Performing Arts, Baltimore Chamber Orchestra, Music in the Great Hall)
4. Add some class. Check out the Community College of Baltimore County.
5. Go old. Antiques
6. Go trendy. Boutiques
7. Skip the 800 numbers. Flowers from your neighborhood shop
8. I feel pretty. Salon services
9. Everybody dance now. Tickets to the Baltimore County Dance Celebration
10. Because they’ve always talked about it. Music or painting lessons from a local studio
11. Get a Big Tree. Not for Christmas, but a certificate for a native tree from your local nursery. Plant in the spring for a lifetime of beauty and shade.
12. Just Eat It. Restaurant gift card
The twelve day countdown starts today. No pressure. Really.