Baltimore County News
Exploring the creative spirit is the theme of the new edition of smARTS, the Baltimore County arts and culture show, now airing on Baltimore County cable channel 25. Featured segments include:
- Host Carolyn Black-Sotir speaks with museum founder Rebecca Hoffberger about what inspires intuitive artists at the American Visionary Art Museum.
- T. Herbert Dimmock has conducted and performed around the world, from Westminster Abbey to the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York. Discover what inspires him as music director of Bach in Baltimore.
- Learn how fire and clay inspire ceramic artists at Baltimore Clayworks.
- Enjoy a performance by Margaret King of Towson University Community Dance and meet Carol Hess and Doug Hamby, the creative minds behind the Baltimore Dance Project.
- Get smARTER presents a thought-provoking scene from “Colorblind: The Katrina Monologues,” performed by Arena Players’ actor Cheryl Pasteur.
smARTS airs Thursdays and Fridays, 7:00-7:30 p.m. and Tuesdays 11:30 a.m.- noon on Baltimore County cable channel 25. SmARTS segments are available on the Baltimore County Government YouTube channel.
smARTS is a production of the Baltimore County Commission on Arts & Sciences in partnership with the Baltimore County Public Schools and BCPS-TV.