Baltimore County News
Baltimore County Office of Communications
While we don’t expect everyone to be in the market for horseshoes or a transmission for a school bus, you just might find yourself looking for barbecue seasonings, caulk, or eye shadow. The “shopping list” below includes just a few of the hundreds of manufacturers making products of all kinds right here in Baltimore County.
- You never know whether it will be the scent of cinnamon or nutmeg coming from McCormick’s Hunt Valley plants. The global seasoning and flavoring company is headquartered in Sparks.
- There’s a little bit of White Marsh in buses, ambulances, small trucks, and the latest energy-saving vehicles. The GM Baltimore Plant manufactures hybrid and medium-duty transmissions and electric drive motors to propel hybrid and plug-in vehicles.
- Salute your favorite Boy Scout when he earns a badge made by Lion Brothers in Owings Mills.
- It’s ice tea and lemonade season. Grand Brands in Rosedale manufactures TrueLemon and TrueLime flavorings, crystallized lemon and lime substitutes made with 100% all-natural ingredients.
- Cover Girl cosmetics come off the assembly line at Procter & Gamble Beauty in Cockeysville.
- DAP, Inc., is at the center of the push to save energy by weatherizing buildings. The company manufactures caulks and sealants at its Rosedale plant.
- Keep it clean with windshield wiper blades made by Saver Automotive in Halethorpe.
- Explore worlds historic and imagined with Sid Meier’s Civilization series of video games, developed by the creative team at Firaxis Games in Sparks.
- Patch the patio with Sakrete concrete, made by Bonsal American in Middle River.
- For the fleet of feet, Victory Racing Plate in Rosedale crafts custom horseshoes for thoroughbreds around the world, including more Triple Crown winners than any other brand.
Support our local Baltimore County manufacturers. It’s good stuff!
Revised April 6, 2016