The Walkable Towson Plan
- Cover, Statement of Authorship and Table of Contents (PDF)
- Executive Summary and Introduction (PDF)
- Walkable District and Walkability Index (PDF)
- Part I (PDF) – Redesign of York Road, The Circle, Chesapeake and Pennsylvania Avenues, York Road Streetscape.
- Part II (PDF) – Signage and Wayfinding, Gateways, Washington and Pennsylvania in Proximity to the Old Courthouse, Plaza Between Court Buildings, Bicycle Plan
The introduction to this section includes a map depicting eight "focus areas" in which proposals for redevelopment and other interventions to advance walkability are recommended. The sections following Introduction detail the proposed interventions.
- Introduction (PDF)
- Focus Areas Part I (PDF): (1) York Road "Main Street" area; (2) Roundabout area; (3) Mall area
- Focus Areas Part II (PDF): (4) West of York; (5) East of York; (6)Triangle area
- Focus Areas Part III (PDF): (7) Bosley Avenue Corridor; (8) Fairmount/Dulaney Valley/ Goucher area
Following the 2006 Urban Design Assistance Team's work and the 2007 Walkable Towson Charette, the Walkable Towson Plan was developed. This lead to the creation of the Urban Design Principles (PDF), which was adopted by the Baltimore County Planning Board. In response the Baltimore County Council adopted Bill 38-2011(PDF), creating the Towson Business Core; Alternative Development Process.
Revised February 9, 2015