Find the Volunteer Opportunity Right for You
Baltimore County has launched a partnership with Volunteer Solutions and the United Way to make finding volunteer opportunities even easier. Make a difference in your community by giving of your time, talents and experience. For many nonprofit and government agencies, the presence of volunteers is vital to successfully meeting their goals. Volunteering helps not just others, but yourself as well, by leading to new discoveries, new friends, and new interests.
- Volunteers: Register or Search Volunteer Opportunities – Prospective volunteers are now able to search volunteer opportunities on line. Use a search engine to find volunteer opportunities that match your skills and interests.
- Agencies: Register or Update your Information – Nonprofit and government agencies can register their agency and list their own opportunities for prospective volunteers.
2015 Volunteer Awards
The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for Baltimore County would like to honor outstanding volunteers for their dedication and service. Award will be announced at the annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon, honoring retired senior volunteers on May 21, 2015. Eligible individuals are those who performed significant volunteer service during the year ending September 30, 2014. Nominees must also meet the following requirements:
- Volunteer a minimum of 100 hours a year at one or multiple locations
- 55 years of age or older
- Registered with RSVP and submitted hours to RSVP between October 1, 2013 and September 30, 2014
- Serve as a volunteer within Baltimore County.
Any RSVP partnering non-profit organization, local agency, or individual can submit a nomination for the RSVP Economic Opportunity Champion Award. Complete the Nomination Questionnaire and the required information for the appropriate award, described below. Applications must be returned to RSVP for Baltimore County, postmarked by April 6, 2015. Mail completed application to:
RSVP for Baltimore County
Department of Aging
611 Central Avenue Room 314
Towson, Maryland 21204
- 2015 Nonprofit of the Year Award (PDF) – Honors one outstanding organization for the services they provide and for their creative use of volunteers.
- 2015 RSVP Volunteer of the Year Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication to the people and programs for which they willingly share their time, talent and energy.
- 2015 RSVP Disaster Services Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of disaster services, including first responders, community disaster preparedness and response, or response to local or national disaster.
- 2015 RSVP Economic Opportunity Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of economic opportunity, including financial literacy, consumer services, housing accessibility, and/or health insurance, employment, or housing assistance.
- 2015 RSVP Educational Services Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service to education, in areas of mentoring, tutoring, and/or in a classroom setting.
- 2015 RSVP Environmental Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of environmental stewardship, including direct services that contributed to increased energy and water efficiency, renewable energy use, or improving at-risk ecosystems.
- 2015 RSVP Health and Wellness Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of health and wellness, in areas of improved quality of life for seniors or youth, physical activity and nutrition, and/or increasing access to primary or preventative health care.
- 2015 RSVP Veteran and Military Families Service Champion Award (PDF) – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of veterans and/or military families.
For more information about volunteer opportunities throughout Baltimore County, call 410-887-2715 or email email@example.com today!
Volunteer Opportunities Sponsored by the Baltimore County Government
- Home Team - Help for homebound seniors.
- RSVP - Retired and Seniors Volunteer Program.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman - Advocate for assisted living and nursing home residents.
- Baltimore County Public Schools - Volunteer opportunities.
- Baltimore County Public Library - Volunteer opportunities.
- Local Watershed Associations - Volunteering for the environment.
Revised March 13, 2015