Find the Volunteer Opportunity Right for You
Baltimore County has launched a partnership with Volunteer Solutions and the United Way to make finding volunteer opportunities even easier. Make a difference in your community by giving of your time, talents and experience. For many nonprofit and government agencies, the presence of volunteers is vital to successfully meeting their goals. Volunteering helps not just others, but yourself as well, by leading to new discoveries, new friends, and new interests.
- Volunteers: Register or Search Volunteer Opportunities – Prospective volunteers are now able to search volunteer opportunities on line. Use a search engine to find volunteer opportunities that match your skills and interests.
- Agencies: Register or Update your Information – Nonprofit and government agencies can register their agency and list their own opportunities for prospective volunteers.
Baltimore County RSVP Volunteer Fair
Interested in learning how to use your talents to give back to your community? The Volunteer Fair will feature local government and non-profit agencies looking for volunteers to assist them in carrying out their organization’s mission. On-site volunteer applications will be accepted. For existing volunteers looking to polish your craft, attend a free workshop on the essentials of being a good volunteer. The Volunteer Fair will be held on October 9 and 10, 2013, at the Maryland State Fairgrounds. The event is co-located with the Baltimore County Senior Expo/ Baby Boomer Expo.
A Volunteer Management workshop sponsored by Baltimore Volunteers Unlimited will also be available, free of charge to Volunteer Managers participating in the Fair. To have your agency participate in the Volunteer Fair, download the Volunteer Fair Application and Agreement (PDF).
Congratulations to the 2013 Volunteer Award Winners!
- Glenn L. Martin Maryland Aviation Museum – 2013 Nonprofit of the Year Award – Honors one outstanding organization for the services they provide and for their creative use of volunteers.
- Tom Murtaugh – 2013 RSVP Volunteer of the Year Award – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication to the people and programs for which they willingly share their time, talent and energy.
- Elliot Lehem – 2013 RSVP Disaster Services Champion Award – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of disaster services, including first responders, community disaster preparedness and response, or response to local or national disaster.
- Peter Parr – 2013 RSVP Economic Opportunity Champion Award – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of economic opportunity, including financial literacy, consumer services, housing accessibility, and/or health insurance, employment, or housing assistance.
- Janice Lauterbach – 2013 RSVP Educational Services Champion Award – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service to education, in areas of mentoring, tutoring, and/or in a classroom setting.
- Al Gigliotti – 2013 RSVP Environmental Champion Award – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of environmental stewardship, including direct services that contributed to increased energy and water efficiency, renewable energy use, or improving at-risk ecosystems.
- Pamela Blount – 2013 RSVP Health and Wellness Champion Award – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of health and wellness, in areas of improved quality of life for seniors or youth, physical activity and nutrition, and/or increasing access to primary or preventative health care.
- Jacksonville Senior Center Knitting Program – 2013 RSVP Veteran and Military Families Service Champion Award – Honors an outstanding volunteer for dedication and service in the area of veterans and/or military families.
All Aboard the County's SHIP
Join the Medicare Volunteer Corps. Volunteers are needed to make Medicare understandable for the community by filling a variety of roles within the Baltimore County Senior Health Assistance Program (SHIP). Currently we are seeking volunteers to conduct online research for Medicare Prescription Part D, assisting individuals review and locate the right prescription plan at the best price. For more information email email@example.com or contact the SHIP office at 410-887-2059.
For more information about volunteer opportunities throughout Baltimore County, call 410-887-2715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Volunteer Opportunities Sponsored by the Baltimore County Government
- Home Team - Help for homebound seniors.
- RSVP - Retired and Seniors Volunteer Program.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman - Advocate for assisted living and nursing home residents.
- Baltimore County Public Schools - Volunteer opportunities.
- Baltimore County Public Library - Volunteer opportunities.
- Local Watershed Associations - Volunteering for the environment.
Revised June 21, 2013