Find the Volunteer Opportunity Right for You
Baltimore County has launched a partnership with Volunteer Solutions and the United Way to make finding volunteer opportunities even easier. Make a difference in your community by giving of your time, talents and experience. For many nonprofit and government agencies, the presence of volunteers is vital to successfully meeting their goals. Volunteering helps not just others, but yourself as well, by leading to new discoveries, new friends, and new interests.
- Volunteers: Register or Search Volunteer Opportunities – Prospective volunteers are now able to search volunteer opportunities on line. Use a search engine to find volunteer opportunities that match your skills and interests.
- Agencies: Register or Update your Information – Nonprofit and government agencies can register their agency and list their own opportunities for prospective volunteers.
Participate in the Baltimore County RSVP Volunteer Fair
Interested in learning how to use your talents to give back to your community? The Volunteer Fair will feature local government agencies and nonprofit organizations looking for volunteers to assist them in carrying out their organization’s mission. On-site volunteer applications will be accepted. The Volunteer Fair will be held on Wednesday, October 22, at the Maryland State Fairgrounds, with a hands-on service project benefiting veterans and homeless families on Thursday, October 23. The event is co-located with the Baltimore County Baby Boomer/Senior Expo.
To have your organization reserve a booth to participate in the Volunteer Fair, download the Volunteer Fair Application and Agreement (PDF).
All Aboard the County's SHIP
Join the Medicare Volunteer Corps. Volunteers are needed to make Medicare understandable for the community by filling a variety of roles within the Baltimore County State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). Currently we are seeking volunteers to conduct online research for Medicare Prescription Part D, assisting individuals review and locate the right prescription plan at the best price. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the SHIP office at 410-887-2059.
For more information about volunteer opportunities throughout Baltimore County, call 410-887-2715 or email email@example.com today!
Volunteer Opportunities Sponsored by the Baltimore County Government
- Home Team - Help for homebound seniors.
- RSVP - Retired and Seniors Volunteer Program.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman - Advocate for assisted living and nursing home residents.
- Baltimore County Public Schools - Volunteer opportunities.
- Baltimore County Public Library - Volunteer opportunities.
- Local Watershed Associations - Volunteering for the environment.
Revised June 13, 2014