Find the Volunteer Opportunity Right for You
Welcome to the Baltimore County Volunteers page, a resource that links prospective volunteers with local agencies in need. Baltimore County has launched a partnership with Volunteer Solutions and the United Way to make finding volunteer opportunities even easier.
Register or Search Volunteer Opportunities—Use this search engine to find volunteer opportunities throughout the Baltimore community. A range of opportunities are available and can be searched according to skill and interest.
Register or Update your Information—Nonprofit or government agencies are invited to create an account and use this free platform to advertise their volunteer opportunities.
Make a Difference at Any Age
Make a difference in your community by giving of your time, talents and experience! For more information about volunteer opportunities throughout Baltimore County, call 410-887-2715 or email email@example.com today.
For those who are over the age of 55 we encourage you to get involved with the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), an initiative under the federally funded Senior Corps program. Through the development of partnerships with nonprofit organizations, public agencies and proprietary health care organizations, RSVP connects senior volunteers with a variety of causes and community needs.
Tips to Consider When Selecting a Volunteer Placement
As you begin the search for possible opportunities keep the following tips in mind:
- Identify those causes you are most passionate about and with which you have the strongest connection.
- Recognize what strengths and skills you bring to the table and how this may be of benefit to organizations.
- Understand the qualifications required of a volunteer for a particular opportunity. Are there any physical requirements involving lifting, standing, or other tasks? Is travel a required function of the role and if so is mileage reimbursement offered?
- Assess what kind of time commitment you are willing to make and compare it with the level of commitment required. Are you looking to volunteer on a weekly basis or are you looking to help out episodically as your schedule allows?
- Be prepared for the possibility of an initial screening process; this may include an application, interview or background check.
- Determine what kind of initial training, if any, will be offered. Will additional training be required?
- Remember that volunteering should be fun and meaningful. If you don’t feel charged by what you are doing you may want to consider serving in another capacity or with another cause.
Volunteer Opportunities Sponsored by the Baltimore County Government
- Home Team—Help for homebound seniors
- RSVP—Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- Long Term Care Ombudsman—Advocate for assisted living and nursing home residents
- Baltimore County Public Schools—Volunteer opportunities
- Baltimore County Public Library—Volunteer opportunities
- Local Watershed Associations—Volunteering for the environment
- Senior Centers—Volunteer at BCDA senior centers