Skip Navigation
State's Attorney's Office
Print this page.

Resources for Battered Women
24 Hour Crisis Hotline - Baltimore/Carroll County
Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Hotline


Family Crisis Center of Baltimore County

Family Crisis Center of Baltimore County provides safe shelter and individual and group counseling services for victims of domestic violence and their children. Located in Southeastern Baltimore County.

410-285-7496 - Safe Shelter
410-285-4357 - Counseling Services

Family & Children's Services

Family & Children's Services offers emergency shelter, individual and group counseling for victims, court accompaniment and case management.

3104 Lord Baltimore Drive, Suite 206

Turnaround, Inc.

Turnaround Inc. offers shelter, support groups for victims of domestic violence, rape and incest.

2300 North Charles Street, 21218 

*There is also a location at the Eastern Family Resource Center.

Acts, Inc.

Acts, Inc. operates Martha's Place, Rachel's House and Harriet House as transitional shelters with support services for victims of domestic violence.


Family and Children's Services of Central Maryland

Counseling for Children who witness domestic violence offered at Family and Children's Services, Second Step and Family Crisis Center. Offender/batterer counseling - available at all three Baltimore County agencies listed above.

        TRW Associates at 410-780-3555

Baltimore County DSS Family Violence Unit
Court Accompaniment is available to request a victim advocate to accompany you to district court for a domestic violence case. The victim advocate will introduce you to the State's Attorney and assist you in navigating through the often complex court process.


Division of Parole and Probation

Division of Parole and Probation reports concerning the behavior of domestic violence offenders released to probation/parole supervision can be made by contacting the office nearest you:

        Arbutus/Catonsville: 900 Walker Ave.            410-455-5022
        Dundalk: 40 South Dundalk Ave.                   410-285-5877
        Essex/Rosedale: 8914 Kelso Dr.                  410-780-4820
        Towson: 17 W. Pennsylvania Ave.                410-321-2210

Sexual Assault

Second Step


Juvenile Services

Juvenile Hotline


Dundalk Youth Service Center


Fellowship of Lights (Shelter for Teens)


Department of Juvenile Services


Substance Abuse Help



Alcoholics Anonymous


Baltimore County Office of Substance Abuse 


Restraining Order

You can request a Civil Order of Protection (COP) - Go to the District Court Clerk's office to fill out the papers, Mon. - Fri., 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Go to the District Court location nearest to your home:

Catonsville: 900 Walker Ave.                 410-512-2500
Essex: 8914 Kelso Dr.                          410-512-2300
Towson: 120 East Chesapeake Ave.      410-512-2000

Remedies under this law can include:

  • Order the abuser to stop the violence
  • Remove the abuser from the home
  • Give temporary child custody
  • Order offender/victim to attend domestic violence counseling

To file criminal charges: Go to the Commissioner's Office (at the District Court location closest to your home). If the Commissioner refuses to charge the abuser, please call the State's Attorney office to have them review your case.

Revised September 14, 2009

Was This Page Helpful?
Fields marked with * are required.
Page Rating*