Young Parent Support Center
201 Back River Neck Road
Essex, Maryland 21221
The Young Parent Support Center is a comprehensive family support and development center that strives to strengthen families, promote the healthy development of children, and guide families toward self sufficiency and economic independence. Services offered are free.
Hours of Operation
The Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. GED classes are offered Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Transportation to and from center for residents of greater Essex/Middle River areas
- Developmental Child Care designed to foster early literacy/language development and school readiness in children ages 0-4
- Day and Evening Adult Education Program (GED prep) enhanced by computer-assisted instruction and tutorial services
- Career Exploration, Computer Literacy, Job Readiness Workshops
- Parenting Classes - "Nurturing" Program and "Parents as Teachers"
- Home Visiting Services
- Recreational Outings and Family Enrichment Programs
- Substance Abuse Prevention Classes
- Making it Work Job Readiness Program for the Food Supplement Program (formerly Food Stamps) Recipients
- Healthy Relationships Groups and Family Planning/Decision making Classes
- Health Education Classes
- Healthy Lifestyle/Cooking/Nutrition Classes
- Life skills and Self Enhancement Classes
- Goal Setting and Referral Services
Revised September 5, 2012