Young Parent Support Center
201 Back River Neck Road
Essex, Maryland 21221
The Young Parent Support Center is a comprehensive family support and development center that strives to strengthen families, promote the healthy development of children and guide families toward self sufficiency and economic independence. Services offered are free.
Hours of Operation
The Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. GED classes are offered Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The following services are available from the Young Parent Support Center:
- Transportation to and from center for residents of greater Dundalk, Essex and Middle River areas (within limits)
- Developmental child care designed to foster early literacy and language development and school readiness in children ages zero to four
- Day and evening adult education program (GED prep) enhanced by computer-assisted instruction and tutorial services
- Career exploration, computer literacy and job readiness workshops
- Parenting classes, including the "Nurturing Program" and "Parents as Teachers"
- Home-visiting services
- Recreational outings and family enrichment programs
- Substance abuse prevention classes
- Making it Work Job Readiness Program for Food Supplement Program (formerly Food Stamps) recipients
- Healthy relationships groups; family planning and decision-making classes
- Health education classes; healthy lifestyle and nutrition classes
- Life skills and self-enhancement classes
- Service coordination, goal setting and referral services
- Case management
Revised April 6, 2016