Home Energy Programs
Drumcastle Government Center
6401 York Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21212
The Baltimore County Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP) helps low-income Baltimore County citizens pay their heating bills, minimize heating crises, and make energy more affordable.
- Food Stamp Eligibility
- Home Energy Program/Application Form (PDF)
- Department of Human Resources Information on Energy Assistance
Questions? Please call 410-853-3385 before coming to our office.
- Maryland Energy Assistance (MEAP) - Provides one-time a heating season grant to low income families and individuals for heating. Limited assistance is available to replace broken or inefficient furnaces.
- Utility Service Protection Program (USPP) - A special budget billing for MEAP clients. It is a State program that is administered by the Department of Human Resources to assist eligible low-income electric customers with their electric bills. Assistance is available whether you are an active customer or you are currently without service.
- Electric Universal Service Program (EUSP) - Provides a grant once a year to low income families and individuals based on their annual electric usage. To receive a grant, the applicant must have the electric bill in his/her name, agree to budget billing, and be income eligible.
- Photo I.D. for all ADULTS - 18 or older.
- Proof of residence:
- rent book with address and name
- mortgage statement
- tax bill
- Copies of Social Security cards for all household members including children.
- Proof of total gross income for the last 30 days for everyone in your household. The last two pay stubs if paid bi-weekly, the last four pay stubs if paid weekly, Benefit or Award letter is you get SSA, SSDI, SSI, TCA, TEDAP, pension, worker's compensation.
- The name of your home energy supplier and account number.
- A copy of your recent utility bill.
Applications will not be processed and utilities company will not be contacted without all of the required documentation.
Turn Off Service
You must call 410-853-3385 for an appointment. Most appointments will be at Drumcastle Center. All others mail their applications to Office of Home Energy Programs/DSS, Drumcastle Center, at the address listed above.
Zip Codes throughout Baltimore County are serviced.
Monday and Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for phone calls.
Visits by appointment only between 8 to 10 a.m.
Apply online at https://www.marylandsail.org/
From I-695 Beltway, take the York Road South Exit 26 or Dulaney Valley Road south Exit 27. The Towson Office is about two miles south on the left at the Drumcastle Government Center, 6401 York Road, in the Anneslie Shopping Center. Bus Line #8.
- Bill Payment Assistance - Check out the resources on the BCPL page
- Reduce Energy Use: Weatherization - The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is the nation's core program for delivering energy efficiency services to low-income households.
Revised May 2, 2012