Skip Navigation

Department of Social Services Overview

This is an image of Gregory Wm. Branch, M.D., MBA, CPE.Gregory Wm. Branch, M.D., MBA, CPE, FACP
6401 York Road, Third Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21212

TTY users call via Maryland relay
Any information provided via this website is protected from disclosure.

Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


Social Services Highlights

  • May is National Foster Care Month! You can change a life by sharing yours. Get information on becoming a resource parent.

  • Use myDHR to apply for benefits (food assistance, cash assistance, energy assistance and child support), track the status of your application, report changes and review messages.

  • Save Time: Send Us Your Paperwork - If you receive benefits from the Department of Social Services, you can save time by sending us your documents. If you have verification paperwork that needs to be turned in, fax them to 410-853-3025 or 410-853-3212, or mail them to:

Baltimore County Department of Social Services
Document Management Center
6401 York Road, First Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21212

  • Got questions about the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) Program or the status an application? Call the CCS hotline at 1-866-243-8796 or visit the Maryland State Department of Education website.

  • Uninsured? You can get help with applying for a Medical Assistance program on Saturdays until May 21 at the Drumcastle Government Center. For more information on what to bring to apply for health insurance, call 410-887-2957.

 Services and Resources

If you need help with your Medical Assistance, Food Supplements or Temporary Cash Assistance, call 1-800-332-6347. To report a change call, 410-853-3077. To appeal a case that has been denied, call 410-853-3319.


Revised April 29, 2016        

Did This Page Help?
Fields marked with * are required.
Page Rating*