Paying for Child Care Help
The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) Program, formerly the Purchase of Care- POC Program, assists eligible families living in Baltimore County with childcare costs while parents work, attend school or training.
This program implemented a waiting list for new customers beginning February 28, 2011. Caseload increases and reduced funding for the program do not allow service to remain at the current level.
Customers who are already receiving services or applied prior to February 28, 2011 are not affected by the waiting list. Customers who apply after February 28, 2011 and receive Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), have a disabled child or are transitioning off of TCA may be eligible for services if all other criteria are met. Customers transitioning from TCA after February 28, 2011 are eligible for services if all other criteria are met.
The waiting list will remain in effect until funds are available to serve some or all of the eligible families.
Child Care Funding
Questions and Answers
1. What is a co-pay and what happens if I don't pay it?
The co-pay is your part of the payment to your provider. You must pay the co-pay in order to continue to receive vouchers.
2. How do I find licensed care?
Call LOCATE: Child Care at the Community Line, 1-877-261-0060, or visit the web site at www.mdchildcare.org.
3. How do I file for Child Support?
Call Baltimore County Child Support Office at 1-800-332-6347.
4. How long does the application process take?
It can take up to 30 days. However, if you have sent in all your information with a signed, completed application, it can lessen the amount of time taken to complete your application.
You could be eligible if you meet the following income guidelines:
Maximum Household Income
A disregard of $5,000 will be subtracted from the annual household income for minor teen parents and caretaker relatives.
Child Care Funding is a Child Care Subsidy (CCS) program that assists eligible families living in Baltimore County with child care costs while parents
- attend school or
The Application Process:
- Can be simplified by being mailed in or dropped off.
- There are no appointments to disrupt your work or school schedule.
Check List for Complete Application:
- An original, signed application.
- Social Security numbers for everyone on the application.
- An official school schedule stating your days and hours of class.
- Proof of all income.
- Four most recent weeks of pay stubs.
- If you have a new job, submit a letter from your employer on company letterhead with your start date, schedule (Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), rate of pay and company telephone number.
- Proof of child support, SSA, SSI, or any other income you receive.
- Maintain a good working relationship with your child care provider by following their rules and communicating with them about your child.
- Read your voucher and know when it expires.
- Report all changes to your worker within 10 days. Examples: changes in employment, changes in provider, someone moves in or out of your household, changes in your income.
- Report all changes in writing.
- Avoid delays by returning your information before the deadlines.
- A voucher outlines partnership between you, your provider, and CCF, to fund your child care costs. You agree to pay a co-pay, and the voucher pays a subsidy based on your schedule and income.
- You and your provider sign all three copies of the voucher. Keep the copies indicated and return the third to the Finance Office. This sets up an "account" through which your provider is paid.
- Return the signed voucher in 60 days.
- Vouchers pay different rates for hours between 7 p.m. - 6 a.m. and all day on weekends.
- You must report all changes within 10 days. Report all changes in writing.
- Your provider cannot waive your co-pay.
- The co-pays and subsidies may vary depending on the age of the child and where the provider is located.
- School age children are usually given a voucher for 42 weeks of before and after school care and 10 weeks of summer care. School holidays and snow days are built in so your provider does not need a new voucher.
How to Reach Us
Towson - 410-853-3989
6401 York Road
Towson, MD 21204
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Revised April 17, 2012