Department of Social Services
- If you are receiving Food Supplement Benefits (formerly Food Stamps), you may participate in the Making it Work job readiness program at the Young Parent Support Center.
- If you are receiving Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), please check out Job Network.
- If you are receiving "Section 8" (Housing Choice Voucher Program), you may qualify for the Family Self-Sufficiency Program.
Employment Assistance Beyond the Department of Social Services
- Baltimore County Office of Workforce Development (BCOWD) helps residents seeking jobs with training and services.
- Department of Aging's Senior Community Service Employment Program- Individuals 55 and older are subsidized in part time community service positions.
- Among the services provided by the BCOWD is the Job Seeker Services program. This program provides career resources, job placement assistance and training opportunities.
- Baltimore County Department of Economic Development Info Bank is an interactive resource for economic, demographic and quality of life information on Baltimore County.
- The Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation's Maryland Workforce Exchange provides fast access to a complete set of employment tools in one web site. Surveys have proven that users find it convenient and very useful.
- US Department of Labor - Online Opportunities Recruitment System (DOORS) Job Search Page.
- US Department Of Labor Job Corps is a free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. For eligible youth at least 16 years of age, Job Corps provides the all-around skills needed to succeed in a career and in life.
- Department of Aging Senior Community Services Employment Program - Individuals age 55 and older are subsidized in part-time community service positions not to exceed 20 hours per week and are paid minimum wage.
- If you have a disability, please check the Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS).
- The Small Business Administration outlines the aspects of starting a business, plus provides the answers and information you need to startup.
Revised April 30, 2012