In Home-Aide Services
The Home Care Program serves persons of all ages living in Baltimore County. Clients may include those:
- Who cannot remain in their household without concrete assistance due to a physical, emotional or mental disability.
- Caregivers of disabled or chronically ill adults.
- Parents who need in-home assistance to improve the care they give their children and reduce the risks of abuse and neglect.
The Home Care Program provides supportive services to families and individuals as part of an overall treatment plan agreed upon by the client and their case manager.
In-Home assistance may include:
- Personal care
- Respite care
- Training in self-care
- Teaching and reinforcement of parenting skills
- Guidance to caretakers
- Assistance to mentally/emotionally ill adults.
An individual is eligible for In Home-Aide Services if the individual:
- receives case management services from Baltimore County Department of Social Services
- is unable to obtain the necessary paraprofessional services from another resource
- is willing to accept In Home-Aide Services and
- agrees to pay any fee required as determined by the state's fee schedule
To determine if you are eligible for In Home-Aide Services services, call your case manager or the Adult Screening Office at 410-853-3000.
Visit the Maryland Department of Human Resources for more information on In Home-Aide Services.
Revised April 17, 2012
Revised April 6, 2016