Sheriff R. Jay Fisher
Sheriff Fisher has thirty-three years of professional law enforcement experience with the Baltimore Police Department. Prior to his retirement he was the Operational Commander of the nationally acclaimed Warrant Apprehension Task Force, a unit that is multi-jurisdictional and responsible for serving warrants throughout the State of Maryland. Sheriff Fisher is the recipient of numerous commendations and awards. He is a graduate of The University of Baltimore and received a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Sheriff Fisher's vision is a "New Beginning for the Sheriff's Office."
- Establish professionalism and public's trust
- Improve technology to enhance security and operational efficiency
- Develop a working and harmonious relationship with local law enforcement and other State and County agencies.
- Achieve a balance between effective Court House security and accessibility by the public and elected officials.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to increase warrant service.
Revised March 15, 2011