34 Elmont Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21206
Nestled in the heart of the Overlea Fullerton Community is the Holt Center, donated to Baltimore County by Lillian Holt in 1976. The park offers nature trails and a variety of art and nature programs for the family. Make time to join us and join in on the fun. All programs require registration.
- Art and Nature Adventures: July 27 through 31, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Discover the local environment through active games, art, science, and nature exploration. Cost is $45 per child, ages five to 10. Please bring a lunch.
- The World of Nature: August 3 through 7, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Explore nature through stories, games, crafts, and outdoor experiences in the cool of the evening. Cost is $30 per child, ages three to six.
- Dora the Explorer Picnic: Sunday, August 9, from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
You can learn a lot through a picnic. Pack a lunch and join us in a world of colors, shapes, flavors, and nature. Then follow a treasure hunt left by Dora. Free.
- American Girl Kite Adventure: Sunday, August 15, from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
Bring your favorite doll or stuffed animal to listen to stories and make a miniature kite.
Fine Art classes taught by an artist for ages 16 and up.
- Beginners Bead Weaving: Saturday, June 28, 3:30 p.m.
Create earrings or a pendant using the spiral stitch. Free.
- Resin Crafting: Sunday, August 9, from 6 to 8 p.m.
Learn techniques for creating beads, specimens, and accent pieces with resin. Cost is $2 per person.
- Impressionism: Friday, August 9, from 6 to 8 p.m.
Use wonderful pastel colors to create a soft impressionistic piece. Try to channel the great turn-of-the-century artists like Monet.
Bonfire and Night Hike
Venture into the park at twilight and learn about nature at night.
Date: Saturday, August 11, from 7:30 to 9 p.m.
Fun for all ages. Children 11 and under must have an adult accompany them.
Cost is free and snacks are included. Please bring a water bottle.
Creating with clay is both relaxing and rewarding. The first date listed you create a project, the next date you add the color.
Dates: Friday, July 10 and July 24, from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Ages: Projects are geared to all ages and levels of experience. Children 11 and under must have an adult accompany them.
Cost: $10 per project.
- Underwater Sculpture: create an underwater scene of color and texture.
A fun weekend craft program for the entire family to enjoy.
Ages: Fun for all ages. Children eight and under must have an adult accompany them.
Cost: $2 per project
- Calypso Beads: Sunday, June 21, from 1 to 2 p.m. String solid wooden beads with colorful accents to create a summer fun necklace.
- Leather Burning: Sunday, June 28, from 1 to 2 p.m. Discover the art of pyrography, use a heated metal tool to design a coaster, hair accessory, pendant, or bookmark.
- Colored Pencils: Sunday, July 12, from 1 to 2 p.m. Use colored pencils to sketch a wonderfully colored summer bouquet.
- Beach Belt: Sunday, August 2, from 1 to 2 p.m. Braid and decorate totally waterproof belts to accent your bathing suit or cover-up.
Natural World of Art
Discover the connection between art and nature using a variety of materials and techniques.
Dates: Wednesdays, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Ages: Projects are designed to bring out the inner artist in people of all ages.
Cost: $2 per project
- Rustic Basket (July 8) Gather some vines form the park and weave them into a basket.
- Summer Bandanna (July 15) Use natural materials to decorate a bandanna.
- Macramé Snowflake (July 22) Keep cool in the heat, this snowflake won't melt.
- Shell Angel (July 29) Create an angel with treasures form the beach.
- Flower Accent Pillow (August 5) This easy-to-sew pillow will brighten any room.
- Beach Frame (August 12) Bring some of your own shells or use ours to decorate a frame to hold one of your favorite beach memories.
Nature Discovery Programs
Join a naturalist to explore the park and discover the many interesting things nature has to offer.
Dates: Sundays 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Treasure Hunt Trail Quiz: (July 19) Answer questions, solve puzzles, and collect natural items while exploring Holt Park. There is a reward at the end for those who finish the quiz trail!
- Water, Water Everywhere: (August 2) A varied program that covers water sources, the water cycle, and conservation.
- Sun Secrets: (August 16) Participate in activities to test the power of the sun, and then enjoy S'mores made in a solar oven.
Open Nature Cabin
Join us in our nature cabin for free, fun activities including animal feeding, nature games and crafts, Mystery Animal Day, and more.
Dates: The nature cabin is open Sundays, July 12 and August 9, from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
Revised July 7, 2015