34 Elmont Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21206
Nestled in the heart of the Overlea Fullerton Community is the Holt Center, donated to Baltimore County by Lillian Holt in 1976. The park offers nature trails and a variety of art and nature programs for the family. Make time to join us and join in on the fun. All programs require registration.
- Art and Nature Adventures: July 27 through 31, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Discover the local environment through active games, art, science, and nature exploration. Cost is $45 per child, ages five to 10. Please bring a lunch.
- The World of Nature: August 3 through 7, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Explore nature through stories, games, crafts, and outdoor experiences in the cool of the evening. Cost is $30 per child, ages three to six.
Weekend activities for adults only, cost is $2 per project.
- Pastel Faces: Sunday, June 7 from 1 to 2 p.m.
Learn to draw faces. Bring a mirror and draw your own.
Bonfire and Night Hike
Venture into the park at twilight and learn about nature at night.
Dates: Saturday, June 13, from 6 to 8 p.m.
Ages: Fun for all ages. Children 11 and under must have an adult.
Cost: Cost is free and snacks are included.
Creating with clay is both relaxing and rewarding. The first date listed you create a project, the next date you add the color.
Dates: Fridays, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Ages: Projects are geared to all ages and levels of experience. Children 11 and under must have an adult.
Cost: $10 per project, with a family discount of three for $25.
- Ladybug: (June 5 and 19) Add a touch of color to your wall or tabletop.
A fun weekend craft program for the entire family to enjoy.
Ages: Fun for all ages. Children eight and under must have an adult.
Cost: $2 per project
- Ice Cream (Friday, June 19, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.) Make home-made ice cream with science and delicious ingredients.
Natural World of Art
Discover the connection between art and nature using a variety of materials and techniques.
Dates: Wednesdays, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Ages: Projects are designed to bring out the inner artist in people of all ages.
Cost: $2 per project
- Full Strawberry Moon (June 3) Celebrate this month's full moon by making everlasting strawberries.
- Mini Nature Journal (June 10) Assemble and decorate a small book to record the wonders of nature.
- Stepping Stone (June 17) Make a stone for your garden and be prepared to get a bit messy.
Nature Discovery Programs
Join a naturalist to explore the park and discover the many interesting things nature has to offer.
Dates: Sundays 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Insect Safari (June 14) Beetles, flies, grasshoppers, and bees, insects are everywhere? Stop by Holt and learn about the different types of insects and then go out on an insect hike!
Nature Explorer Clubs
Each session we'll explore a different wildlife or nature topic through hands-on activities.
Cost: $5 covers all five sessions per club.
Call 410-887-5307 for additional information.
- Mother Nature and Me: For children ages three to five and their parents, Tuesday, June 9 or Wednesday, June 10 from 11 a.m. to noon.
- Tadpoles Nature Club: Drop off program for children in kindergarten through third grade, Wednesday, June 10 from 4:15 to 5:30 p.m.
- Junior Naturalists: Drop off program for children in grades four through seven, Wednesdays, June 3 and 17 from 4:15 to 5:30 p.m.
Revised June 2, 2015