Rocky Point Beach and Park
Welcome to Rocky Point Beach and Park. Since 1969, Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks has owned and operated this 375-acre park. Located at the mouth of Back and Middle Rivers, it boasts an expansive view of the Chesapeake Bay, Hart-Miller Island and Craighill Light and one of the nicest beaches on the upper Chesapeake.
The park is open year round for fishing, boating and picnicking from sunrise to sunset. Swimming is allowed at the beach, Memorial Day through Labor Day, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., when lifeguards are on duty. Restrooms are unlocked during beach season when staff are on duty.
Links to Frequently Requested Information
- Admission and Rental Fees
- Reservations of Pavilions and Picnic Groves
- Boat Ramp Information
- Map of the Park
People enjoying the sand, sun and beach at Rocky Point Park.
- Baltimore Beltway (I-695) to exit 36 (Route 702)
- Go 6.5 miles, turn left onto Barrison Point Road
- 1/3 mile to right on Rocky Point Road
- Follow 1/2 mile into park
Revised June 9, 2015