Department of Recreation and Parks
Rocky Point Park Facilities
The 33 acres comprising the picnic and beach areas of Rocky Point Park feature a 300-feet beach and eighteen picnic areas including:
- a large 40-foot by 60-foot pavilion and a smaller pavilion
- several shaded groves
- two playgrounds
- sand volleyball court
- sailing center
- fishing pier
- two boat ramps
- first aid station
- comfort station
Large 40-foot by 60-foot Pavilion On The Water
- Located overlooking the bay, this pavilion will hold up to 200 people for private parties, company picnics, family reunions, weddings or any other special events. Larger groups may want to consider adding Area F and expand to 300 guests. Electric service available.
- The pavilion sits on a knoll overlooking the beach and bay, adjacent to the bathhouse and holds up to 100 people with picnic tables and grills. Electric service available.
Picnic Groves A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5
- These areas are adjacent to the beach, bathhouse, playgrounds and sand-volleyball court. Each grove holds up to 25 people with picnic tables and grills. The groves may be combined as needed for larger groups. No electric.
Picnic Grove C
- These well shaded groves overlook Longs Creek and the fishing pier. With a capacity of up to 100 people they have picnic tables and grills. They are adjacent to the comfort station. No electric.
Picnic Area G
- Located adjacent to the beach with a beautiful view of the bay, accommodates 50 guests and features tables and grills. No electric.
Groves F and H
- Each of these premium areas are located near the beach, sand volleyball court and bathhouse. They feature a beautiful view of the bay and are equipped with tables and grills. Area F is set-up for 100 guests, while Area H is equipped for 50. No electric.
Revised April 6, 2015