Rocky Point Park Facilities
The 33 acres comprising the picnic and beach areas of Rocky Point Park (PDF) feature a 300-feet beach and eighteen picnic areas including:
- a large 40-foot by 60-foot pavilion and a smaller pavilion
- several shaded groves
- two playgrounds
- sand volleyball court
- sailing center
- fishing pier
- two boat ramps
- first aid station
- comfort station
Large 40-foot by 60-foot Pavilion On The Water
- Located overlooking the bay, this pavilion will hold up to 200 people for private parties, company picnics, family reunions, weddings or any other special events. Larger groups may want to consider adding Area F and expand to 300 guests. Electric service available.
- The pavilion sits on a knoll overlooking the beach and bay, adjacent to the bathhouse and holds up to 100 people with picnic tables and grills. Electric service available.
Picnic Groves A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5
- These areas are adjacent to the beach, bathhouse, playgrounds and sand-volleyball court. Each grove holds up to 25 people with picnic tables and grills. The groves may be combined as needed for larger groups. No electric.
Picnic Grove C
- These well shaded groves overlook Longs Creek and the fishing pier. With a capacity of up to 100 people they have picnic tables and grills. They are adjacent to the comfort station. No electric.
Picnic Area G
- Located adjacent to the beach with a beautiful view of the bay, accommodates 50 guests and features tables and grills. No electric.
Groves F and H
- Each of these premium areas are located near the beach, sand volleyball court and bathhouse. They feature a beautiful view of the bay and are equipped with tables and grills. Area F is set-up for 100 guests, while Area H is equipped for 50. No electric.
Reserve a Facility at Rocky Point Park
Step 1: Call Our Offices
While no reservations are taken over the phone, the first step to reserving your area should be to contact our office to verify that the area you are requesting is both appropriate and available for your affair. Please note that no reservations are taken for July 4.
Step 2: Deposit or Payment Required
In order to place reservation, our office must receive a deposit of at least 50 percent of the established fee. The balance is due 90 days prior to the event. This deposit or payment should be in the form of check or money order payable to Baltimore County, Maryland.
Deposits and payments may be made in person at our office or mailed to:
Baltimore County Recreation and Parks
7130 Marshy Point Road
Middle River, Maryland 21220
Attention: Rocky Point Park
Step 3: Mail-In Reservations
If you decide to mail in your reservation request include with your check our Reservation Request Form (PDF) or a note indicating:
- The area(s) for which you are interested - see Park Map (PDF)
- The date
- The type of affair
- The expected number of attendees
- A contact individual
- Day and evening phone numbers
Step 4: Your Permit
After our office receives your request, it will be processed and a permit will be sent to you for your review and signature. This permit should then be signed and returned to our office, whereupon you will receive final approval. Should you mail a reservation request, please be advised that your reservation is not valid until you receive a signed permit from our office.
Revised November 4, 2015