Oregon Ridge Park
Aerial view of Balloon Festival May 2000.
Our facility has been owned and operated by Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks since 1969 and encompasses 1,043 beautiful acres. The park offers a variety of recreational activities, open to the public, all year round. Oregon Ridge has an accessible playground, posted fitness area and miles of hiking trails. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. or by appointment. For more information please contact us. Our experienced staff will be happy to assist you with all your planning needs.
Convenient to Baltimore, Washington, Southern Pennsylvania and Delaware, we are able to accommodate indoor and outdoor events ranging from 10 to 5,000. With lodging and restaurants only minutes away, Oregon Ridge is the perfect place for your next affair. You can rent any combination of areas or if preferred, all of the park. We would be happy to meet with you and tailor a program to your specific needs. Contact us to arrange for an appointment to visit our facility.
Please contact the park office for rental fees and availability.
Oregon Ridge Park and Lodge plays host to many events throughout the year. The schedule details those events that are open to the public. For more information regarding any of the activities listed, contact the sponsor at the web page or number given. You should note that most events charge an entrance fee or sponsorship. Please note that event dates and prices are subject to change. Please contact the lodge at 410-887-1818 prior to the event for updated information.
- May 17: Arthritis Foundation 5K; 8 a.m. to noon
- May 18: Polakoff Foundation 5K; 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- May 31 through June 1: Great Grapes Wine, Food and Arts Festival; Noon to 6 p.m.
- July 3 and July 4: Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Star Spangled Spectacular/Fireworks; 8 p.m.bsomusic.org
- July 6: Reggae Jerk Festival; Noon to 9 p.m.
- July 20: Cups, Cones and Sprinkles Ice Cream Fest; 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Phone: 410-645-0802
- July 26: Believe in Music Festival; Noon to 10 p.m.
- August 16: Annual Hot August Blues; Noon to 10 p.m.
- September 6: Hike in the Park for Parkinsons; 8 a.m. to Noon
- September 13: Greyhound Pets of Maryland Picnic;10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Phone: (800) 600-8607
- September 20: There Goes My Hero Charity Ride; 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- September 24: Rosh Hashanah Under The Stars; 4:30 p.m. Phone: 443-524-0284
- October 12: Team Captain Kid Foundation 5K; 7 a.m. to Noon
- October 18: Save a Limb Bike Ride; 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- November 2: Cubs 5K Challenge; 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Phone: 410-456-1363
Oregon Ridge Park and Lodge
Location: 13401 Beaver Dam Road
Cockeysville, Maryland 21030
Phone: 410-887-1818 TDD: 410-887-5319
Map This Location
Visit the nature center, which offers year-round activities for the entire family. The center houses environmental displays and live animals including snakes, frogs and turtles. Hours are Tuesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Oregon Ridge Nature Center
Location: 13555 Beaver Dam Road
Cockeysville, Maryland 21030
Phone: 410-887-1815 TDD: 410-887-5319
Revised April 11, 2014