Parents Code of Conduct
Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks has adopted a Parents Code of Conduct. Parents are encouraged to sign a copy of the code (PDF) whenever they register their children in recreation council programs. The code reminds parents of the importance of being involved in their child's recreational activities.
- As a parent, I acknowledge the importance of being involved in my child's recreational activities.
- I will introduce myself to my child's volunteer coach/leader and will exchange pertinent contact information with them.
- I will know who is transporting my child to and from any recreational activity.
- I will know my child's schedule - practice days, dates and schedules.
- I will help ensure a drug, alcohol and tobacco-free environment for my child.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of any personal desire to succeed.
- I will provide support for coaches and leaders working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- My child and I will treat other participants, spectators and officials with respect regardless of race, creed, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability.
- I am aware of the fact that although Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks requires background checks on volunteers, experts, including the Baltimore County Police Department, agree that parental involvement is a more effective means of protecting children.