Loch Raven Fishing Center
Manager: Kevin McComas
Assistant Manager: Gage Harms
12101 Dulaney Valley Road
Phoenix, Maryland 21131
Phone: 410-887-7692 TDD and Deaf: 410-887-5319
2017 Launching and Docking Permits
- All completed 2017 permit lottery applications that were postmarked between January 1 and March 6 were entered into the lottery. The lottery drawing was held on March 17.
- If selected, you will receive your permit and paperwork in the mail.
- If you are not selected, you will receive your voided return check.
- Permits are nontransferable and cannot be resold.
Seasons and Hours
First Friday of April through Labor Day
Open daily at 6 a.m.
Labor Day through October 29
Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
October 30 through March
The Loch Raven Fishing Center, located on the shores of Loch Raven Reservoir, offers an assortment of services for anglers, canoeists, boating enthusiasts and folks who just want to get away for the day.
- Bait your fishing rod and test your skills against a variety of fish including large and small mouth bass, yellow perch and northern pike.
- Rent a boat and enjoy a relaxing day on the 2,400 acre reservoir.
- The fishing center provides numerous services, offering boat rentals, a full inventory of fishing tackle, live bait, snacks and sundries to make your visit an enjoyable one.
- All fishing from boats, canoes and kayaks in the Loch Raven Reservoir is allowed and regulated under the management of the Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks and a current seasonal permit is required to use your own vessel.
Rules and Regulations
For a complete list of rules and regulations, please visit the Regulations Governing Fishing page.
- Fishing licenses are no longer sold at the center.
- If 2017 permits sell out you may still visit, rent a boat and fish on the reservoir. You will need a Maryland Fishing License prior to your visit.
- A United States Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (provided) must be in the boat for each passenger.
- No vessels are allowed below the Number One Bridge on Loch Raven Drive or above the Paper Mill Bridge at the north end of the reservoir. Any violation of these boundaries will result in loss of your seasonal permit and boating privilege.
- Occupant Capacity: Canoe is two passengers, boat is three passengers.
- All boats and canoes must be checked-in by posted time. Failure to return by the posted time will result in a $10 fine.
Please note that in an effort to provide ready boating access to Loch Raven Reservoir, we must limit the parking and activities at the fishing center to that of its patrons. Therefore no picnicking, shoreline fishing or other "non-fishing center" related activities are permitted on the shore. Those wishing to pursue other recreational activities in and around the reservoir property are encouraged to park on Loch Raven Drive near Morgan Mill and Providence Roads for dawn to dusk parking being sure to adhere to all posted parking regulations.
For more information regarding recreational activities in other areas of the reservoir property please contact the Baltimore City Department of Public Works, Bureau of Water and Wastewater.