Loch Raven Fishing Center
Manager: Kevin McComas
Assistant Manager: Vacant
12101 Dulaney Valley Road
Phoenix, Maryland 21131
Phone: 410-887-7692 TDD and Deaf: 410-887-5319
2017 Launching and Docking Permits
Please note the process has changed.
There are a limited number of 2017 permits available. All new applications and 2016 lottery winning applications will be selected by a lottery on March 17, 2017. If you were selected in the 2016 lottery you will again have to apply by lottery for this year.
All applications must be postmarked by March 6, 2017. When your application is received it will be date stamped and assigned a lottery number. Incomplete applications will not be assigned. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Instructions for Obtaining a Permit
On January 1, 2017 we will begin accepting mail in applications for a 2017 permit lottery. The 2017 season runs from April 7, 2017 to October 29, 2017.
Step One: Complete the Application
Step Two: Mail the Application
All applications must be mailed and include a self-addressed stamped envelope. Enclose a check or money order for the appropriate amount made payable to Baltimore County.
Mail the completed application with the appropriate fee to:
Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks, AG Center
1114 Shawan Road
Cockeysville, Maryland 21030
Permit and Application Guidelines
- Only one application per person will be accepted. However, if you have two vessels you may apply for a maximum of two permits. Each vessel must have a separate contract.
- Permits are nontransferable and cannot be resold.
Lottery Drawing and Selection
The lottery drawing will be held on March 17, 2017. If selected you will receive your permit and paperwork in the mail. If you are not selected you will receive your voided return check.
Seasons and Hours
First Friday of April through Labor Day
Open daily at 6 a.m.
Labor Day through October 29
Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
October 30 through March
The Loch Raven Fishing Center, located on the shores of Loch Raven Reservoir, offers an assortment of services for anglers, canoeists, boating enthusiasts and folks who just want to get away for the day.
- Bait your fishing rod and test your skills against a variety of fish including large and small mouth bass, yellow perch and northern pike.
- Rent a boat and enjoy a relaxing day on the 2,400 acre reservoir.
- The fishing center provides numerous services, offering boat rentals, a full inventory of fishing tackle, live bait, snacks and sundries to make your visit an enjoyable one.
- All fishing from boats, canoes and kayaks in the Loch Raven Reservoir is allowed and regulated under the management of the Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks and a current seasonal permit is required to use your own vessel.
Rules and Regulations
For a complete list of rules and regulations, please visit the Regulations Governing Fishing page.
- Fishing licenses are no longer sold at the center.
- If 2017 permits sell out you may still visit, rent a boat and fish on the reservoir. You will need a Maryland Fishing License prior to your visit.
- A United States Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (provided) must be in the boat for each passenger.
- No boating beyond Loch Raven Drive bridge.
- Occupant Capacity: Canoe is two passengers, boat is three passengers.
- All boats and canoes must be checked-in by posted time. Failure to return by the posted time will result in a $10 fine.
Please note that in an effort to provide ready boating access to Loch Raven Reservoir, we must limit the parking and activities at the fishing center to that of its patrons. Therefore no picnicking, shoreline fishing or other "non-fishing center" related activities are permitted on the shore. Those wishing to pursue other recreational activities in and around the reservoir property are encouraged to park on Loch Raven Drive near Morgan Mill and Providence Roads for dawn to dusk parking being sure to adhere to all posted parking regulations.
For more information regarding recreational activities in other areas of the reservoir property please contact the Baltimore City Bureau of Water and Waste Water.