Loch Raven Fishing Center
Manager: Kevin McComas
Assistant Manager: Adam Montgomery
12101 Dulaney Valley Road
Timonium, Maryland 21131
Phone: 410-887-7692 TDD and Deaf: 410-887-5319
2016 Launching and Docking Permits
Please note the process has changed.
There are a limited number of permits available.
All new applications will be selected by a lottery on March 15, 2016.
All applications must be postmarked by March 11, 2016.
Instructions for obtaining a permit for the 2016 season
- On January 1, 2016 we will begin accepting mail in applications for a 2016 permit.
- Fill out the contract completely. Launching and Docking Permit (PDF) or Launching Permit (PDF). Include the signed Affidavit (PDF).
- Mail application with appropriate fee to Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks, AG Center, 1114 Shawan Road, Cockeysville, Maryland 21030, Attention: LRFC.
- All applications must be mailed and include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Enclose a check or money order for the appropriate amount made payable to Baltimore County.
- Only one application per person will be accepted. However, if you have two vessels you many apply for a maximum of two permits. Each vessel must have a separate contract.
- Permits are nontransferable and cannot be resold.
- Drawing to be held on March 15, 2015. If selected you will receive your permit and paperwork in the mail. Additionally, if you were not selected you will received your voided return check.
Seasons and Hours
First Friday of April through Labor Day
Open daily at 6 a.m.
Labor Day through October 31
Open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays
November 1 through November 30
Open only on Saturdays and Sundays
December through March
The Loch Raven Fishing Center, located on the shores of Loch Raven Reservoir, offers an assortment of services for anglers, canoeists, boating enthusiasts and folks who just want to get away for the day.
- Bait your fishing rod and test your skills against a variety of fish including large and small mouth bass, yellow perch and northern pike.
- Rent a boat and enjoy a relaxing day on the 2,400 acre reservoir.
- The fishing center provides numerous services, offering boat rentals, a full inventory of fishing tackle, live bait, snacks and sundries to make your visit an enjoyable one.
- All fishing from boats, canoes and kayaks in the Loch Raven Reservoir is allowed and regulated under the management of the Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks and a current seasonal permit is required to use your own vessel.
Rules and Regulations
For a complete list of rules and regulations, please visit the Regulations Governing Fishing page.
- Fishing licenses are no longer sold at the center.
- If 2016 permits sell out you may still visit, rent a boat and fish on the reservoir. You will need a Maryland Fishing License prior to your visit.
- A United States Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (provided) must be in the boat for each passenger.
- No boating beyond Loch Raven Drive bridge.
- Occupant Capacity: Canoe is two passengers, Boat is three passengers.
- All boats and canoes must be checked-in by posted time. Failure to return by the posted time will result in a $10 fine.
Please note that in an effort to provide ready boating access to Loch Raven Reservoir, we must limit the parking and activities at fishing center to that of its patrons. Therefore no picnicking, shoreline fishing or other "non-fishing center" related activities are permitted on the shore. Those wishing to pursue other recreational activities in and around the reservoir property are encouraged to park on Loch Raven Drive near Morgan Mill and Providence Roads for dawn to dusk parking being sure to adhere to all posted parking regulations.
For more information regarding recreational activities in other areas of the reservoir property please call Baltimore City Bureau of Water and Waster Water at 410-795-6150.
Revised December 22, 2015